I'm liking this phone more and more

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Again, still waiting to find out all of the specs.

However, since this phones design looks like the IPhone 4s I grabbed my nieces IPhone 4s and really paid attention to the shape and it's pretty nice.

If I decide to not switch to ATT i will be happy with this phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It looks like a really nice phone. I'm definitely getting it. I like that it has a better battery than the 820 and an improved FFC. I hope additional colored covers will be easily available at Amazon and similar places. Can't wait to get it and play with all the features. Still hoping it has super sensitive touch. Using it outdoors without having to remove my gloves in freezing NYC winter temps would be awesome. :lol:

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I also love this phone. The 2 things I disliked about the 820 (VGA FFC and no gorilla glass) have been addressed on this phone. I like the industrial design and the features. This phone will be a hit on T-Mobile!

camajise

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
super sensitive screen, gorilla glass, NFC, and micro sd slot have all been confirmed. the wvga resolution is the only thing keeping the 810 from being called high end; lack of pureview keeps it from being called a hero phone.

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The more see about this phone the more I want it. The only thing that worries me is the camera. I was so disappointed with the 900's that its making me a little gun shy in getting this phone. I'm waiting to see a review with shots taken from the phone before I get it.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The more see about this phone the more I want it. The only thing that worries me is the camera. I was so disappointed with the 900's that its making me a little gun shy in getting this phone. I'm waiting to see a review with shots taken from the phone before I get it.

Two things to keep in mind about the 8xx camera:
1. Software optimizations-the 800/900 camera was vastly improved on the software side later in its life-cycle, and there's no reason to believe Nokia hasn't made further strides in this area.

2. It's not a flagship-One of the main reasons the 900 camera was such a disappointment was that it was the flagship device from a company known for smart devices with extremely capable cameras. With the 8xx devices being the midrange offering, expectations will be lower. The 900 camera wasn't terrible the Gnex was far worse. Problem was people were expecting it to be AMAZING.

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have faith that nokia has improved the 8xx camera over the 900. I'm not expecting pureview quality but I am expecting something better than the 900's camera, especially in low light conditions. I figure WP8 and a new processor/camera unit will help with the picture quality.

camajise

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
the 810 and the 8X/8S should do great for t-mobile. I don't think they have any other attractive phones this holiday besides the Galaxy Note 2 and that will be more expensive then their WP8 offerings. the 810 and 8X might be pushed as hero devices for t-mobile, at least I hope.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The N8 had the best camera for a phone in its time (and still holds up among the current batch). It wouldn't be far fetched for Nokia to come up with a good camera even if it doesn't have pureview tech in it.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the camera on my 710. For a 5MP phone camera, it took pretty good photos. The low light pictures weren't that great, but then again, a lot of P&S cameras suck at low light as well.

The one thing that surprised me the most about the 710 camera was the video capabilities. I was at Six Flags Great America recently, and got it in my head to do a video recording while I was on the new ride - X Flight (yes, it was an idiotic thing to do ;)). The video turned out really crisp and clear, considering that it's a moving roller coaster and it had several loops and corkscrews.

Yes, I'm disappointed by the lack of PureView and OIS, but if the 710 and its 5MP camera can churn out solid photos and videos (at least from my experience), imagine how well the 810's 8MP camera will turn out. :D