Incredibly Short Battery Life?

skfny

Nov 1, 2002
Visit site
My Sprint TP barely lasts 6 hours w/ little use.

Last night it even managed to go from 100% to 40% in a 2- hour commute during which I browsed the web for 30 minutes and made 2, 5-minute calls.

Is this what everyone else is getting? All the radios are off, beam receive is off, backlight adjust is set to manual and is at less than 50 pct. What else can I try?

HeavemyTreo

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I look foward to hearing about these issues, got a 800w and ready to heave it. Looked at the Touch Pro and was amazed at the screen, keyboard, size and other features like good volume and stereo.

My Sprint TP barely lasts 6 hours w/ little use.

Last night it even managed to go from 100% to 40% in a 2- hour commute during which I browsed the web for 30 minutes and made 2, 5-minute calls.

Is this what everyone else is getting? All the radios are off, beam receive is off, backlight adjust is set to manual and is at less than 50 pct. What else can I try?

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
I am disappointed also. I get about 12 hours with light use, (4 2 minute calls, 45 minutes of internet radio with a wired headset, 30 minutes of web browsing, screen on 100%). I have wifi and BT off.

My iphone got about 48 hours. My 700wx got 48 hours. Treo Pro got 48 hours. PPC 6800 got 20 hours.

Kinda sux

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I have had mixed results. I have had made it thru a longer day with moderiate number of phone calls, constant email push, playing games, etc... Then other days I am down 40% in a two hours without using it much at all. As with any stock battery, always have a car charger and a wall charger in your office at work.

As always if you are not using BT, turn it off, etc... it helps.

Enyahs_Shayne09#WN

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
i hope the battery life can compete with my Curve...
from what i have been reading the battery isnt so hot but then agian i had a Nokia 6555 and it sucked battery like no other...
so i would suspect having to buy a extra travel charger!
especially for the first week or so cause i know i want put it down lol..

skfny

Nov 1, 2002
Visit site
i hope the battery life can compete with my Curve...
from what i have been reading the battery isnt so hot but then agian i had a Nokia 6555 and it sucked battery like no other...
so i would suspect having to buy a extra travel charger!
especially for the first week or so cause i know i want put it down lol..

Hope springs eternal but don't expect anything close to the Curve's battery life. The Fuze/Touch Pro line is capable of a lot more than a Curve (including 3G), however, battery life will be measured in hours, not days.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
light/moderate use today and I ended up with 40% left when I shut down for the night.

More installation/uninstalling than voice calls. A good many soft resets and email checked with regularity. Maybe once the battery has a few charging cycles under its belt, life will improve.

trwm

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I am seeing about the same battery life on my Sprint Touch Pro. I have improved it a little by not having my email boxes refresh so much. One odd thing I posted on another thread is the phone can be sitting on the table and the screen just comes on, no text coming through, no alarm, no nothing, it just comes on intermittently. This cannot be helping the battery....

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
the wmpoweruser podcast addressed this and they mentioned how poor it was, more so than most new devices going threw their 1st week break in period. They mentioned how battery life improved greatly after the first week. Mine has improved slightly. Im on day 6 I believe.

HobbesIsReal#WP

May 2, 2004
www.wmexperts.com
I have noticed two things:

1) As mentioned it does improve after 6 or 7 charging cycles.

2) Is that counts down to around 40% pretty fast at times, but holds on after that for a long time, often times making up for the fast drop.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I agree with Hobbes in that battery life seems to improve after a few charging cycles.

Today I only burned 40% for the day with light/moderate use.

Darth Pooh#WP

Aug 10, 2003
Visit site
This seems to be the trade off for our devices... either it can multitask (truly) or have awesome battery life. Rarely do you find a WM6 device that can do both... hell, I've never had a device last quite like my Palm OS devices, but the limitations were irksome.

tostler

Dec 14, 2004
Visit site
Yesterday (day 15) 18 hrs off the chager with light use. Had 40% remaining at the end of the day.

That's acceptable in my book.

trwm

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I believe the battery life is tolerable as well but I still think we can get a little more if we can stop the screen from randomly coming on. HTC are you listening? Might be on the first ROM update?!?!!? - maybe...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05