Instagram app 'location' not working

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

This used to work fine, but now when I'm uploading a photo and get to the 'Share to' page where you can tag people, choose a location and share on Facebook, Twitter etc. it comes up with no results for location.

By default it displays 'No results' and same if I type something into the 'Find a location' box.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This used to work fine, but now when I'm uploading a photo and get to the 'Share to' page where you can tag people, choose a location and share on Facebook, Twitter etc. it comes up with no results for location.

By default it displays 'No results' and same if I type something into the 'Find a location' box.

check your photos if the geotag was saved - you can do this using file explorer app

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

jayrdi

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Didn't realise I wasn't logged in when I posted that! Already subscribed.

I checked the photo in question and it has the location details associated with the file. Also, GPS is working correctly in the Maps app. It's the Instagram app that seems to have the specific problem loading any locations...

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Didn't realise I wasn't logged in when I posted that! Already subscribed.

I checked the photo in question and it has the location details associated with the file. Also, GPS is working correctly in the Maps app. It's the Instagram app that seems to have the specific problem loading any locations...

Go to Settings > privacy> Location . Turn Instagram notif. ON.

And don't forget to turn on location under Instagram app settings.

Last edited:

Pastela_40

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
That is usually my second or third suggestion - reinstalling takes time and for some apps, data is lost hence why I don't suggest it outright

Hello! I have a business IG account and since a week my location doesn't appear. i have tried different devices and also different accounts to post my foto and add the location, but the addrees / name does not appear. I have re-installed many times IG.
any idea what it is? thank you!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I have a business IG account and since a week my location doesn't appear. i have tried different devices and also different accounts to post my foto and add the location, but the addrees / name does not appear. I have re-installed many times IG.
any idea what it is? thank you!

Have you tried a different location? Not that specific place but somewhere else?

Pastela_40

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello and thank you for your answer. Yes, i can tag from my IG business account other locations. Also from my private IG account i can tag my business location, same from Facebook I can tag my location. Just not from my business IG account. I have seen many posts in regards to this issue but until now IG-Tech Support has not made any comment on it.

rachelt63

Jun 7, 2018
Visit site
Hello and thank you for your answer. Yes, i can tag from my IG business account other locations. Also from my private IG account i can tag my business location, same from Facebook I can tag my location. Just not from my business IG account. I have seen many posts in regards to this issue but until now IG-Tech Support has not made any comment on it.

I am having this issue too. Please let me know if you have found a solution to it! Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss