Installing Apps No Longer on the Windows Store

Jody Thornton

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site
Hey folks! I reset my RT tablet because of perceived Windows Store issues (turns out my installation was fine, and I should have left well enough alone). Anyway, I went to the Windows Store to reinstall my apps. One app I wanted to reinstall was Bing Wikipedia Browser. But in the last two weeks, the app has been removed from the Store. Now, I understand that if I can obtain the AppX package files, I can use Powershell to install the app.

Does anyone know how I might possibly be able to obtain the app, without its being on the Windows Store?

Jody Thornton

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site
Well I know how to use a browser - you should have gathered from my level of questioning that I knew that). :)

So even installing a store app from a local source (using the package files) is disallowed? Just making sure, because what I'm trying to install is not a desktop app.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Open up the store. In the upper right, click on the three dots "..." Click on "My library." Then click "All owned" on the left and then "Show hidden products" on the right. See if the app is listed in there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs