Internet Radio - besides Slacker

atitdd

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I dont currently have a WP7 and nor do i know how i can look up their app list.....

But i was wondering if WP7 has any good streaming internet radio apps like shoutcast or DJradio. I use these everyday and im curious to see if i can still stream radio (mostly comedy channels)

I dont kno much about slacker as its a paid service on the iphone now, I remember how it was going to still be free for WP7, is it any good, or is it more like pandora, which im not a big fan of

Thanks
P.S. regardless i plan on getting a WP7, so it doesnt really even matter, just trying to make a smooth transition

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Tunein radio is one of the best, tunes into radio stations from all around the world. I love listening to Choice FM in London from all the way in Maryland!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
There are quite a few. You can browse the Market Place if you download the Zune software.

There is Last.FM a slacker like clone. There is I Heart Radio, TuneIn , RadioHub, etc.

There is also pay services like Rhapsody.

But the BEST deal by far is a Zune Pass. You can download and stream all the music you want, as much as you want, from an amazingly large collection of artists. You have access to it as long as you have the monthly subscription, and every month you get 10 songs to download for life (you keep them when you no longer have the service). it is built into the phone and works beautifully. There is a free 14 day trial, TRY IT! It makes the phone amazing! Best music solution ever, period, for any device.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've got Slacker on my DVP and I use the heck out of it. Works great and it's not costing me a cent (the occasional ads don't bother me).

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I've used Slacker for free for years and love it. My wife loves it too and still uses it on my old Blackberry connected via wi-fi. I've always preferred the music it picks for me over Pandora, it just seems to stay within the genre I am looking for rather than selecting stuff I don't like the majority of the time (which Pandora seems to do every time I've tried using it).

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I find Pandora to do the same thing until I spend a few days liking and dis liking songs.. Almost like I gotta teach it.

I have a last fam account, may have to download the app.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I dont currently have a WP7 and nor do i know how i can look up their app list.....

But i was wondering if WP7 has any good streaming internet radio apps like shoutcast or DJradio. I use these everyday and im curious to see if i can still stream radio (mostly comedy channels)

I dont kno much about slacker as its a paid service on the iphone now, I remember how it was going to still be free for WP7, is it any good, or is it more like pandora, which im not a big fan of

Thanks
P.S. regardless i plan on getting a WP7, so it doesnt really even matter, just trying to make a smooth transition

i've always preferred slacker over pandora, but if you like dj/club music, beatboxx is the best i have ever heard! continuously mixed and a myriad of stations to choose from... plus its free

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6