Interop unlocked Lumia 830

snooper88

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
thank you very much for your reply, Derausgewanderte..though I did not get what "registry tweaker" instead of WPH tweaks you were referring to..
I am quite new at this and I would not challenge myself in this sort of "tweaks" if Microsoft didn't make my life miserable banning Lumia Storage Check. My main purpose infact is to store maps on SD card on my new Lumia 830... I checked the guide you linked on top of this thread and seems pretty much straight fwd but then when it comes to WPH Tweaks I get stuck.. Thanks anyways.. I really appreciate your support

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
thank you very much for your reply, Derausgewanderte..though I did not get what "registry tweaker" instead of WPH tweaks you were referring to..
I am quite new at this and I would not challenge myself in this sort of "tweaks" if Microsoft didn't make my life miserable banning Lumia Storage Check. My main purpose infact is to store maps on SD card on my new Lumia 830... I checked the guide you linked on top of this thread and seems pretty much straight fwd but then when it comes to WPH Tweaks I get stuck.. Thanks anyways.. I really appreciate your support
sorry, I forgot to add the link to "this registry tweaker" in post above.

snooper88

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi Derausgewanderte,
I am still trying to decide which guide to follow in order to interop unlock my L830. Do you recommend the one you linked on your reply to me earlier (#20) or the one at the beginning of this thread (#1)? I find them quite different from each other and I don't understand if they achieve the same objective. My only purpose is to get the ability to store maps in the SD card so I am looking for the easiest and "safest". Infact the guide you linked at #1 it is not very clear with regards to the rebuilding of the ROM in case the bin file is not among the ones available.. especially when it says to open the OEMSettings.reg with 7zip.. Do you have any suggestions or maybe a step by step guide a bit clearer? Thanks in advance

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Go for method mentioned in post #20, its much easier than rom rebuilding, so go for this easy method and interop unlock your phone and install wp tweaker to get maps on sd cards u can find many more tweaks on xda forums for interop devices

snooper88

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
It looks like I made it! thank you guys.
I also managed to use the dummy.xap file in order to get the vcreg app removed from settings and I deployed the sideload version, so I have it now in the apps list. It took me a while though and I had to use the sdk 8.0 app deployer since the 8.1 did not allow me and I could not connect my phone on the wp power tools. It is asking for an update which cannot be installed on my phone.. any info on this issue? I am just curious and I would like to use wppt.. any place wher I can download it other than in the VS package?
However so far everything seems to be working smoothly, I also downloaded maps and they are actually on the SD.
Thanks again

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
...did not allow me and I could not connect my phone on the wp power tools. It is asking for an update which cannot be installed on my phone...
Thanks again

fyi. I was only able to get WPPT to connect to my phone after I installed the entire Visual Studio 2015 RC (Community). Any of the lite packages wouldn't do it. That may just be my system.

Last edited:

snooper88

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
hello again,after interop unlocking and succesfully installing WPTweaker I was considering upgrading to WP10M.
could you tell me what is going to happen if I proceed with it? Will I lose the interop unlock and need to do the whole procedure again? I read on xda forum that there is a xap intended for wp10m that can be sideloaded directly after selecting developer mode from setting. has someone tried this yet? Is it really so straight forward? I am now satisfied with the current settings (I managed to get the tweak for saving maps to the SDcard) and I don't want to mess it up.. Thanks for any help you can provide me with.
Andrea

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
hello again,after interop unlocking and succesfully installing WPTweaker I was considering upgrading to WP10M.
could you tell me what is going to happen if I proceed with it? Will I lose the interop unlock and need to do the whole procedure again? I read on xda forum that there is a xap intended for wp10m that can be sideloaded directly after selecting developer mode from setting. has someone tried this yet? Is it really so straight forward? I am now satisfied with the current settings (I managed to get the tweak for saving maps to the SDcard) and I don't want to mess it up.. Thanks for any help you can provide me with.
Andrea
Yes, it is that simple. You have developer mode within the settings of W10M that lets you sideload vcREG_1_2_W10.xap. No more fiddling with Extras&Info for the time being on W10M. Works on my 640XL.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon