Invalid SIM error on 8X

Johntee540

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I just read this entire thread - and just did the fix. I will let you know how it all goes. I have had both the message and the reboot problem now for several months. I have resisted replacing the phone as I have too much on it to go through the hassle of re-installing and moving everything. I have good hope that this will work. Be Good - JT

champion7891

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys sorry for restarting this thread. I have recently faced this "no service" issue after I had the repeated reboot problem. Thats solved now but I have the sim issue.

I have 2 sims, for carrier A and carrier B. Both work fine in my other HTC 8X.

When insert sim 1 in the affected phone, in network options it does detect the sim (it tells me that the sim is of carrier A), but there is not network service. At first I though it was a sim issue or a seating issue so I applied the tape fix. Didnt work. SO i put in my other sim, of carrier B, Its detected as carrier B sim if I go to network options in settins, but i get zero bars and no service

Any ideas

WickedCold

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
This is a known issue with the HTC 8x SIM card tray. Same thing happened to me with mine. (Constant Shut offs, SIM card errors etc)
I had my SIM card replaced and this seemed to fix it for awhile. The error came back and I contacted HTC about it and they sent out a replacement SIM card tray. The error has for the most part disappeared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria