Is a hard reset necessary (in terms of working ok) to install windows 10 mobile?

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a 520 but I'm not sure if hard resetting the phone does anything. Is it needed and does it really impact overall performance rather than a straight download?

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have hard resetted if needed - features missing etc, but not always. Have not onto latest build, it's working fine. I don't do it because to report bugs I feel I need to use it as the average user will, download and expect it to work, it's getting closer to that stage. I know hard resets do all sorts of wonderful things but average users won't do that.

kwambe5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I did not do a hard reset on my 1520 and it working great! In fact, its working better than the last builds after a hard reset. So far I think I am going to ride this train all the way to the station if they keep coming this good or better. 😉

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I think if you do everything carefully, a hard reset isn't required. This means being patient during install, and checking the new store for updates before cruising around new features.

That being said, there seems to be a nasty bug in build 10149 were hard resetting can brick the phone due to continuous looping. Doesn't seem to happen to many, but there's quite a few posts on the forum about hard resetting failing and needing to roll back to 8.1 using WPRT.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I think if you do everything carefully, a hard reset isn't required. This means being patient during install, and checking the new store for updates before cruising around new features.

That being said, there seems to be a nasty bug in build 10149 were hard resetting can brick the phone due to continuous looping. Doesn't seem to happen to many, but there's quite a few posts on the forum about hard resetting failing and needing to roll back to 8.1 using WPRT.
Ok that makes sense. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss