Is anyone else picking up an update on the 8XT?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it sounds like Stephen, Johnathan, Dorelse, and Grizzly have all done a little different thing to get from DP to Sprint 8.1. Can one of you post the exact steps?

Sure, I had to have 'Preview for Developers' installed & active, then, and only then would it find the update. That was really the only difference between what I had to do vs. the 'normal' process.

(Which is why I suspect that MS had to have the 8XT upgrade loaded on their DP servers for some of us to see it.)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I remember when the Sprint 8.1 came out, I got an update on my phone, but I still had access to live folders and whatnot.
I just did a hard reset and I'm at the same OS number as Stephen and cbmiller above, but my firmware is still at 3030.00.21501.651. You guys seems to have 3030.00.31005.651. and higher Radio software version. do I have to reinstall developer preview, like some of you are mentioning?

Sure, here you go. The OS version will vary depending if your in PFD or not...

Attachments

• 8XT_81_version.jpg
    8XT_81_version.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 35

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Sure, here you go. The OS version will vary depending if your in PFD or not...

These are my current versions also, but its telling me I have an update from PFD even though I'm opted out. It probably caught that the update was available before I did the opt-out but I'm still reluctant to install it.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
These are my current versions also, but its telling me I have an update from PFD even though I'm opted out. It probably caught that the update was available before I did the opt-out but I'm still reluctant to install it.

Maybe its the Group Text fix we need? (I just opted in/out of PFD and I show no updates.)

David Remy

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So we own two 8xt phones which have yet to receive updates, what am I missing here?

My wife's phone was purchased with GDR3 on it and has never been in PFD. I check daily and no updates have been offered what so ever.

My phone was purchased without even having GDR3 on it, think it was GDR1, and it too never had any updates. I did join this to PFD at which point it found GDR3; downloaded and installed that today. But I now don't see any further updates, even when going through the steps listed on the "Quick Fix for 8xt Update to 8.1 with Deverloper Preview". Now I too seem to be stuck at GDR3 with no hope of seeing 8.1.

We are both on Ting which is about the only thing I can think of keeping us from seeing the update

Has anyone that upgraded been on an MVNO?
What other steps might we do to see the 8.1 updates and firmwares?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, others have posted the Ting doesn't seem to be getting it...it was only for Sprint subscribers, and there doesn't seem to be a way for you guys to get the updated firmware.

What does Ting support say?