Is Assertive display associated with battery drain (1520)?

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has been addressed but its something that still bugs me. My lumia 1520 has, since original purchase from an ATT store, had an issue with brightness... Not the one you think (the dim brightness bug every one had lol). When i have sunlight readability off, the auto brightness is perfect but when i turn it on, the assertive display (saturated colors) are on all the time. And im not sure if that takes a lot of battery or what but its weird that it never works the way it did on my lumia 920. Now, i understand that its different tech but was curious about what experience you've had. Do you leave it on and if so, does the weird excessive brightness annoy you? And hows your battery life while using it? Are the saturated "sunlight readability" colors on at all times the norm?

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
With sunlight readability turned on, the high contrast/saturation display is constantly on in Auto brightness mode for me. I guess that's normal.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I leave mine on too, but the issue you're describing came after one of the latest updates.

If I understood you correctly, when sunlight readability mode kicks in, you'll notice how "whiter" not brighter the colors gets. Sometimes it gets stuck in this mode unless you cover the ambient light sensor.

I've never had any battery problems with my 1520. Sunlight readability always been on and extremely useful everytime I go outside.

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
My issue is its always on and it makes the colors strange. I can understand in daylight but in a room with normal lighting, that's a bit too sensitive.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I also found out if you aim the screen at any light source; ceiling lights etc, readability mode will kick in. Like I said tho, its alot more sensitive after one of the latest updates. I haven't had that issue since the last glance and/or display updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss