Is it possible to block specific mobile networks in Windows Mobile 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Is it possible to block specific mobile networks in Windows Mobile 10

It's a real bone of contention with me and WP8.1 I live in a bit of a blackspot, near a border. And my phone keeps connecting to a foreign network. I keep roaming switched off; but if I forget, I get nailed. If I go overseas and want to roam, I have to remember to switch it on. It's not the end of the world, but surely there's a way of doing this (given that you can do it on Android!).

I've got a Lumia 1520 that I haven't upgraded to WP10 yet. Because of a lot of things. But if I could block specific networks, that would push me into the upgrade!

Thanks

Tim

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can do this in W10M or in 8.1.

W10M path: Settings > System > Network & Wireless > Cellular & SIM > SIM settings > Search for networks > select the choice you want to lock down (always use) from the drop down menu...

8.1 path: Settings > Cellular & SIM > SIM settings > Network selection > use the drop down menu.

NOTE: You will want to do this in an area where your carrier of choice is being received by your device as you can only force a choice that is "visible" to a scan.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro