Is the 830 getting weaker?!?

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I love this phone its a nice F'ng phone (vaas far cry 3 quote) and I don't want this phone being on the weak point I was gonna go for the 1020 but I've heard sooo much bad news on it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're asking. The 830 isn't the fastest phone out there, but by no means is it slowing down just yet. Give it a few years.

The 1020 is a fine device, its not the speediest, but its not the newest too.
Performance outside of nitpicking in day to day usage and gaming should be OK. It won't blow away the 930 for example though.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it is a case of the developer not checking a button. This happened with Iheartradio last year, an upgrade rolled out and The developer did not include one of the lumia models in the supported models. They later fixed the issue and it worked after that.

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Canada so its a limited amount of windows phone, the 1020 would of been great but it was sold, like there is only the 830 and 630 it sucks, but when my contract ends I hope the best for the 1030 or so and so on...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're asking. The 830 isn't the fastest phone out there, but by no means is it slowing down just yet. Give it a few years.

The 1020 is a fine device, its not the speediest, but its not the newest too.
Performance outside of nitpicking in day to day usage and gaming should be OK. It won't blow away the 930 for example though.

Also important to consider the advantages the 830 has over the 930, like better battery life, no overheating issues, and Glance Screen.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Also important to consider the advantages the 830 has over the 930, like better battery life, no overheating issues, and Glance Screen.
Not to forget EXPANDABLE STORAGE.

Icon drove me insane... offering all that power, great screen and such a badass camera, then making high-resource games and good shots compete for the same little 32GB (which is more like 26GB after formatting and the absolutely massive digital footprint that the OS+Recovery have).

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
nah it's great overall phone, I have 1020, getting 930 but also 830 to play around with and sell there after,faster capture with camera and overall good performance

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
the 730 is equal under the hood

its not like these phones are atrophying.

Well, they run the same parts, but the 830 has a higher-resolution screen, meaning its woefully underpowered GPU has to out put at a higher resolution on the 830 than the 730, meaning it is strained more. Granted, it should still handle all of the popular Windows Phone games OK, though we've also never seen a PC-like gaming experience, where we run benchmarks with games and see how they perform.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, they run the same parts, but the 830 has a higher-resolution screen, meaning its woefully underpowered GPU has to out put at a higher resolution on the 830 than the 730, meaning it is strained more. Granted, it should still handle all of the popular Windows Phone games OK, though we've also never seen a PC-like gaming experience, where we run benchmarks with games and see how they perform.

What are u talking about? Both 830 and 730 got 720p HD screens so the strain on their processors is equal...

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Marketing wise, definitely. I've felt from the start that the 830 launched at a price that was majorly over inflated. Not a good position to start from for a phone marketed as "affordable".

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone its a nice F'ng phone (vaas far cry 3 quote) and I don't want this phone being on the weak point I was gonna go for the 1020 but I've heard sooo much bad news on it.

Yes, the longer you own the phone it will bend and twist like a pretzel and eventually its molecular structure will destabilize and it will disappear. Seriously, what do you mean by weaker and why do you care what people in forums (dedicated to the art of whining) say? If you have not purchased the device, do your homework and make what ever purchase makes sense. If you already own it and are satisfied, why are you letting your satisfaction be guided by the opinions of others?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa