Is the 920 supposed to feel solid?

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my hands on my replacement phone after it had been stuck in the depot for days then got lost. It feels really solid but I'll hold my judgment for a week as my last one felt the same when I first got it too. No creaks or flexing to speak of yet.

There's still a slight gap between the case and the screen bezel that I can squeeze a fingernail in to but it is much tighter than before.

The phone is unbranded though which is good.

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my hands on my replacement phone after it had been stuck in the depot for days then got lost. It feels really solid but I'll hold my judgment for a week as my last one felt the same when I first got it too. No creaks or flexing to speak of yet.

There's still a slight gap between the case and the screen bezel that I can squeeze a fingernail in to but it is much tighter than before.

The phone is unbranded though which is good.

Good to hear you got your replacement! the slight gap you are referring to is between the body and the bezel right? (not the bezel and screen). I saw a yellow L920 on demo in allphones the other day that had no gap at all between body and bezel it was so immaculately sealed. However there is a gap between the bezel and screen. I've emailed elop about mine and he CCed Alf Noto. So far no reply yet =(

GreatSaski

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My 920 cracks and creaks if i press it somewhere on the left side of the chassie or the left side of the glass. This is my second 920 and they both had the same problem.

Mine does the same a bit on the top. You can barely see it move but I guess it's enough to make it creak.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I also had an issue with my black 920 but I fixed it by myself.

My 920 was also creaking in the bottom left corner. What I did was sticking a needle into the space between glass and plastic on the left side over the left speaker. I used some pressure but not too much not to break the phone, and when I took out the needle, I noticed that there is no more creaking and the phone feels as solid as a rock.

I know it may sound stupid, but seriously - try it. Worked for me.
That sounds like it would scratch the phone, no?