Is the sound volume the same for ringtone volume

justinbarrow

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
When I am watching you tube videos and need to turn the handset volume down on my 920 it seems to also lower the volume for text notifications and ringtones. Then when I turn the volume up the ringtone is louder but when I press the numbers on the keyboard they are loud beeps.

I am running the Amber update but found this issue before this, Just wanted to know if there was a way to lower the sound on the handset for things like games or you tube but keep the sound levels as they are for the text and ringtone notification.

I have found that when I turn the volume down and forget to increase it again that I miss calls as it also lowers this volume.

Hope its something that can be sorted, thanks for any help.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
When I am watching you tube videos and need to turn the handset volume down on my 920 it seems to also lower the volume for text notifications and ringtones. Then when I turn the volume up the ringtone is louder but when I press the numbers on the keyboard they are loud beeps.

I am running the Amber update but found this issue before this, Just wanted to know if there was a way to lower the sound on the handset for things like games or you tube but keep the sound levels as they are for the text and ringtone notification.

I have found that when I turn the volume down and forget to increase it again that I miss calls as it also lowers this volume.

Hope its something that can be sorted, thanks for any help.

This isn't an issue with your phone it's just the way WP8 is designed. There is no separated sound in WP8, Android and even iOS has different volume settings for media, ringtones and system sounds. On Windows Phone 8 sound is sound, it's all the same volume.

It's a gripe I have as well with it, hopefully it changed.

justinbarrow

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Im glad its not just me then, Its annoying though as if you have the volume on low and forget to turn it back up you can miss calls. I came to Windows Phone 8 from android and certainly hope they sort this out as it can be a pain. You would of thought they would of made separate volume controls for media & ringtones anyway more so in the Amber update release.

Are Microsoft aware of this and have people let them know about this issue? Just hope they sort this - But for now will have to remember to increase my volume after I have lowered it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss