Is there a good music player app yet?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to necro the thread, but I am curious if anything has been done about getting WP8 a music player that isn't ridiculously low-tech.

Basically, does it still look like this?

Yes, it does. No improvement whatsoever and what bums me out most is the little pause between tracks (it's not even a second). Apple gets it done, why not MS? I love listening to albums where the tracks are connected (like Linkin Park's Meteora or Lost Prophets' Start something) and it completely ruins it for me with those little pauses. Like I said, not even a second but for me it's really annoying.

Also it looks really boring. Okay, it's for playing music, not for it's beauty, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a little makeover (the Zune UI looked wonderful, why not just take it and implement it into the WP's stock music app?).

Mutumba Sowed

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Lol yes , it still does look like that and am of the view that the OS doesn't support a fully independent music player. All music players around are skins fro the OS built in music engine. That's why they all perform the same. So fingers crossed for 8.1.

Emerson Biggins

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Music is not good. I'm not sure why, but the default players that come on these phones sounds like somebody ran over the music with a truck! Anyway, I got PowerAmp for Android and it's perfection in every way, comes with an equalizer, you name it. I am switching to a Windows phone though and am afraid I might have to buy an MP3 player now. This is concerning that there is no good audio player available, even if we're willing to pay!

Emerson Biggins

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Not true. Some Windows phones (such as the Nokia Lumia 5XX series) do not have the equalizer option.

I would also add that audiophiles want to hear good music. Forget arranging album art. I just can't understand why it's so hard in 2014 to put something so simple into a phone. 15 years ago the iPod had all this down. Why can't Windows catch up?!?!?!

seoman27

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
What a horrible situation
There's realy nothing plain and simpel.
Who give a **** about artists/genres/albums bla bla
First get you folder play functioning and seamless playing
and then start with the looks, tags, streaming bla bla bla

Why on freaking earth did people decide to ****-up a functioning thing into a trendy looking dissaster.
Until XP audio was rock solid, easy and open for nitfy garbage like albumpictures and tags.
Now even a hardcore desktop cannot play a decent audio file without hacking the system.
Just because MS want's you to recode

I'm so dissapointed.
MS get you'r act together!

btw
why is there a XBOX player on my nokia WP8 phone? Really
and why do i need to login? You already know my ID
How did you manage to lanch an OS if you cannot even create a dedicated Player

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Why on freaking earth did people decide to ****-up a functioning thing into a trendy looking dissaster.
Until XP audio was rock solid, easy and open for nitfy garbage like albumpictures and tags.
Now even a hardcore desktop cannot play a decent audio file without hacking the system.

I'm so dissapointed.

btw

Try Zbox and xMusic Player.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Music+ is free and comes with a pro version. I bought the app. Anyway you can get skins & it gets lyrics to the song for you :)
Posted Via Tapatalk for Windows Phone.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm so dissapointed.

btw

Wrong. Look at audio player

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members