is there a voip app that stays alive when the phone is asleep?

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
hi, im looking for a a voip app that stays running when the phone is alseep. my wp is just a back up device and it would be nice if it was able to recieve incoming voip calls. something i use very rarely but desirable. so far ive tried zoiper and linphone but unless the apps are on screen and the screen is lit up they instantly go in pause or whatever mode and dont respond to incomming notifications.

so, since there is no built in client in the os to use is there one out there that will stay alive and working?

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
hmm both are highly proprietary and only work with their own offered service. in an ideal world id like my current sipgate account to be come my universal phone number that can come in on a variety of devices all at once. while skype is sorta ish capable of that its just really so locked down to use it and it alone.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
They're not free.

Try Textnow. It gives you your own call back number. You can purchase minutes (first 100mins free). It does notify me of incoming calls through notifications.

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
no i didnt think they were free. i did wonder if may they are in some countries.

as for Textnow, erm being not american i think it wouldnt really be of any use to me. sorry i maybe should have said that before but i didnt tihnki t would matter.

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
okay tried upptalk. so erm it turns out while it sounds really good the reality is its rather rubbish. calling the upptalk number, somtimes a phone would right, more often it didnt. shame as it did look so nice but oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs