Is there a way to sign out of my Microsoft Account on Lumia 520 and to add a different account?

Sooner Al

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to sign out of my Microsoft Account on Lumia 520 and to add a different account?

As noted by DBZo07 you can choose not to sync your Microsoft Account email and simply add another email account. That is what I do with my Cox email on my Lumia 520. See this screen shot...

Slide show | DSLReports, ISP Information

Add an email account...

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/people/email

If, however, you want to delete your primary Microsoft Account and login with a different Microsoft Account you need to hard reset the device and start over with the new Microsoft Account...

http://www.noknok.tv/2013/08/26/how-to-reset-your-nokia-lumia-520-running-windows-phone-8/

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
As noted by DBZo07 you can choose not to sync your Microsoft Account email and simply add another email account. That is what I do with my Cox email on my Lumia 520. See this screen shot...

Slide show | DSLReports, ISP Information

Add an email account...

Email | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

If, however, you want to delete your primary Microsoft Account and login with a different Microsoft Account you need to hard reset the device and start over with the new Microsoft Account...

How to reset your Nokia Lumia 520 running Windows Phone 8 | NokNok.tv

As also confirmed by MS :

Change a Microsoft account FAQ | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

salah_elamim

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
If you want to change the Microsoft account you use on your phone, you must first reset your phone to factory settings, which will delete everything you've ever added to your phone. So make sure to back everything up first. See Which apps can I use to sync with my computer? to figure out the best app to use. Note that you'll also need to re-buy anything you bought that requires a Microsoft account to use, including apps, games, and music.

1 Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable, then back up your pictures, music, and videos.

In the App list, tap Settings Settings icon > About.

2 Tap Reset your phone. If you want to delete the contents of your SD card, tap Erase SD card too.

3 When the warning message appears, make sure you're really ready, then tap Yes > Yes to confirm. Your phone will restore itself to factory settings.

4 When your phone restarts, it will guide you through setup. When you get to the Keep your life in sync screen, tap Sign in, and then follow the instructions to sign in with the account you want to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)