Is there any way to buy an app for Windows 8 RT through a browser? (Maxthon)

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
There is a sale for Game Dev Tycoon and I would really like to get it, but I promised someone I would not un-box my Surface until Christmas, and I doubt the sale will go for over a week. Is there a way I can buy the app via browser, (such as WP has in it's website), and then install to my Surface later?

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
There is a sale for Game Dev Tycoon and I would really like to get it, but I promised someone I would not un-box my Surface until Christmas, and I doubt the sale will go for over a week. Is there a way I can buy the app via browser, (such as WP has in it's website), and then install to my Surface later?

The 12 Red Stripe deals at the moment are running until the end of the month. So you'll be able to un-box your Surface and buy it on Christmas day! Enjoy your Surface mate :smile:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Another option would be to use someone else's W8 device, create an account on their PC, log in with your MS account and make the purchase. More of a hassle, and you'd have to find someone who'd allow you to create a login account on their PC, but it would work.

FutureBSD

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering why Microsoft is not implementing a "buy" feature in their online store. Just having the possibility to window shop sucks. Especially with knowing that this is already working for Xbox 360 for years. Sometimes Microsoft behaves like they don't want our money. What if someone doesn't have the Surface or Windows Phone around because it's broken but (s)he wants to buy something? (S)He can't. Result: No money for the dev, no money for Microsoft.
Another example: You own a Surface but it's at home. You're at a friends place for the weekend or even longer. Your friend is showing you something that you totally want. You want to buy it right now. You can't. By the time you get home it might not be that fancy anymore. Microsoft definitely needs to make it easy to steal money from people when they are HOT of getting this thing right away.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering why Microsoft is not implementing a "buy" feature in their online store. Just having the possibility to window shop sucks. Especially with knowing that this is already working for Xbox 360 for years. Sometimes Microsoft behaves like they don't want our money. What if someone doesn't have the Surface or Windows Phone around because it's broken but (s)he wants to buy something? (S)He can't. Result: No money for the dev, no money for Microsoft.
Another example: You own a Surface but it's at home. You're at a friends place for the weekend or even longer. Your friend is showing you something that you totally want. You want to buy it right now. You can't. By the time you get home it might not be that fancy anymore. Microsoft definitely needs to make it easy to steal money from people when they are HOT of getting this thing right away.

The biggest problem I see here is that you left your Surface at home!! :wink:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Two different OS's is the main issue for that, can't just copy and paste features and expect everything to work - at least, not yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss