Is your Gadgets app working ok?

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
This app seems to be working fine on my 640. So by default it opens the first time you connect an accessory, but if you select that accessory in the Gadgets app you can swipe to the customize section and have it open the Gadgets app (or another app or pop up a notification) each time it connects.

It's funny, I had seen this app pop up before and never really paid it any attention. But tonight I found a use for it; I've got a couple of Bluetooth audio adapters that I'm using in my house. I've had my phone paired to one that I use most often but not the second since they're identical units and as far as I can tell, there's no way to rename a Bluetooth device in W10M. I didn't want to have to go through the "guess which adapter I'm connecting to" game each time I wanted to connect to my main stereo. But tonight I just decided to play around with things, and I noticed that when I paired to the other adapter, it brought up the Gadgets app. In the Gadgets app I can give the adapters unique names so now I can just pick which one to use in the app.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I didn't explore the app enough to see the Customize section for each accessory. I see now that each one can be set to have the Gadgets app do nothing, open the Gadgets app with the app launcher page, or open a specified app. Everything is okay on my phone now that I understand a little better how this app works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124