Issue regarding Remote Desktop Preview for Windows Phone 8.1

vaishak

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Wpgeek, sorry for off topic. I wanna know whether it is possible to find out whether someone is accessing your pc through remote desktop app while you are using the pc. For example I want to know what my kids are doing in the computer. so is it possible to look into their computer through remote desktop app while they are using the computer without getting caught. please help

GTR891

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not working on my WP. I'm tring to enter from my phone to my laptop with W7 ultimate OS and nothing happens. I've tried with PC name, User name and password(windows registration), my admin acount on the loptop, IP of the laptop and nothing.. Help if you can.

carlwacka

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi I got this problem today and this solution worked for me...
I think there might have been a recent update or something because I didn't have to do this before...

first press windows key+s and type "Allow an App through windows firewall" (it will probably appear after "allow an"...
in the dialog click change settings and scroll down to "remote desktop", make sure both tick boxes are checked

that's the solution that fixed it for me.. I think other people have already mentioned the other things to check, like making sure you have allowed remote desktop in "system" and forwarding port 3389 to your pc you wish to connect to

hope this helps someone.

edit: probably should mention this is for win8.1 .. but it may work for win7 as well (just need to find the route to the windows firewall dialog)

Last edited:

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone has workarounds for windows 8.1 (basic)? There is an option for allowing computer to be remotely controlled, but that did not help with this app.

​Thanks.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254