Issues in updating apps on 1520 loaded with Windows 10 Phone (Preview), can I get some help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Issues in updating apps on 1520 loaded with Windows 10 Phone (Preview)

I am getting updates on apps like Uber, OLA, irctc, Mobikwik, Snapdeal, iMobile (ICICI), Photostatic Collage, Toolkit etc....But the build downloads and doesn't install. Gives an error code "0x80073CF9". I am unable to launch the app as well. It directs to the Store. I am unable to uninstall as well.

It is also seen that some apps update and when i search for any new updates the same app comes back saying "update available".

Please suggest what should be done and i am the only person facing these issues as i don't see any posts or questions here...

AnkitKumar Vaghela

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Issues in updating apps on 1520 loaded with Windows 10 Phone (Preview)

Glad to know that I am not alone having the same issues with the store.I have noticed that downloading or updating any app has become more like the pain in the ***,since the windows phone store and Universal Windows store got merged on Microsoft website.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've found that restarting the phone sometimes helps (holding down power and volume down buttons together for about 10 second until it vibrates). Then launch the Store and check for updates again.

AnkitKumar Vaghela

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

Restart or a soft reset don't work for apps that are larger in size. It will get stuck on "Downloading" or "Pending" after a few minutes as well and hard reset never helped me for this issue either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes