issues with resolution after updating to latest windows 10

JoAndRoPo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
After updating to the latest windows 10 recently, I can't seem to change my resolution. I mean it's greyed out. Everything looks big on my screen. I searched for a solution and I found out that I had to update the graphics card.

So I went to Device manager > Display adapters > intel HD graphics 5500 > right click and update. But it says, the best driver software for you device is already installed.

And also I can see that yellow exclamation mark next to the intel HD graphics 5500 in the device manager.

I also did one more thing. I tried to find a solution on youtube and found this guy saying to change - set a custom scaling level. And I changed the custom sizing options to 100%. Now everything is small, but readable.

And worse, there's a hell lot of lag while playing league of legends. Which never happened before... :(

Help!!! :crying:

needanswer

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I installed Anniversary update on my laptop via Windows 10 Updater from MS Support and after update everything on my screen is bigger (icons text taskbar....... well the whole user interface) and I even try to change resolution but it is still bigger than normal ! I need help !

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

JoAndRoPo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I installed Anniversary update on my laptop via Windows 10 Updater from MS Support and after update everything on my screen is bigger (icons text taskbar....... well the whole user interface) and I even try to change resolution but it is still bigger than normal ! I need help !

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

yeah.. that's what I'm trying to find out...

wildb01

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I had this happen on my desktop running 2 Nvdia graphics cards in SLI. Rocket League was running at 7 to 14 fps and it was interesting to try to play to say the least.:confused:

I ended up deleting the video driver completely then reinstalling it. After a reboot everything was working again.
You probably know this already but when you uninstall the driver the screen resolution will be way off and might be very difficult to work with but doable.

Good Luck,

Willdb

JoAndRoPo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I had this happen on my desktop running 2 Nvdia graphics cards in SLI. Rocket League was running at 7 to 14 fps and it was interesting to try to play to say the least.:confused:

I ended up deleting the video driver completely then reinstalling it. After a reboot everything was working again.
You probably know this already but when you uninstall the driver the screen resolution will be way off and might be very difficult to work with but doable.

Good Luck,

Willdb

Hi Wildb01,
I did just that... and it's working now... :)
League of legends is working like the way it was supposed to work... :)
Cheers!!!

Edit: I can now change my resolution too... Everything is back to normal...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)