Issues with 'working' Lumia 920

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
[edit]: resolved... I set the date + time... I feel stupid... feel free to laugh :)[/edit]

Okay, fast and simple, friend was borrowing my 920 (note: GDR3 under developer program) for quite a while and I just got it back.

It was working fine for him, but, upon resetting it I have ran into two problems with makes it quite hard to use:
1. When I try to sign into my Microsoft account I get a "Can't connect: We're having a problem signing in. Make sure you have good reception. (note: on good wifi connection) If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again."
2. When I try to update my phone I get a "We are currently unable to check for updates (80072f8f)" This is because I am not signed in with a MS account(?)

Other notes:
-my 920 is AT&T (black)
-I know about store issues, I can access the store (was that the problem people were having?) but cannot download (As it prompts of MS account)
-I wish I could give its IPS screen to my 1020.

Question: Should I just go through with the "fix for bricked 920's" process?

Thanks!~
-Q

P.S. Friend ended up buying an 820, if anyone cares.

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
1.did you tried to do a soft reset ?
2. you are unable to check for updates because you were about to get windows phone 8.1 but you have to wait until April 24 (Microsoft stopped seeding 8.1 update due to some issues )

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have done a few soft resets (and a hard one).

The update it is on is currently GDR3... it runs Amber... I don't see why them stopping seeding WP8.1 would stop me from getting Black 0.o

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Does not work:

98blxkv.png

a9eeF4Z.png

EDIT: Between those two images it shows "downloading 346kb of 1.15GB" or something like that... ofc, after showing that, it goes right to the second image.

Should I try the bricked reset solution?

Thanks again,
-Q

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess the real question was, is there any other way that isn't used for bricked phones...

Knowing my luck this won't work (although, I see no reason why it will not!)

EDIT: Nokia care suite won't install... I guess I'll just install a clean copy of Windows onto a partition when I have free time and try to get this done than... *ugh*

EDIT2: realized I have Nokia Software update for Retail... hopefully that works better *Sigh* Er, the update it requires looks suspiciously like the Install for the software recovery tool :(

EDIT3: The application is almost exactly the same... except it doe snot recognize my phone at all ._.

EDIT4: Now both of the Nokia solutions "could not read the phone information" ._. looks like fresh install is only option :(

EDIT5: Nokia care now installs...

EDIT6: My Phone is not not a supported device ._.
53IeHjF.png

Well, guess this is a reason to not fully reset your phone after doing the developer program before Nokia's own updates come out.

Last edited:

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I forgot the date + time needed to be set correctly... Hahahahahahaha. I wasted a lot of time lol... Thanks Himanshu Chowdhary for all the pointless help (not because of you, I should add!) you gave me.

Signed into MS account and downloading updates now! hahahahahaha... I'm stupid. -__-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786