It's 2016 and still I am on Lumia Cyan, no Lumia Denim update (Lumia 930)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

its 2016 and still I am on LUMIA CYAN no LUMIA DENIM update. (Lumia 930)

Until now, my lumia 930, is still on lumia cyan, whenever I check the phone updates it always says that it is up to date.
its carrier is: CV GBIE
os version: 8.10.12382.878
Mobile Operator 000-GB

and by the way im from the Philippines.
Thank you for the help, I really appreciate. :)

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: its 2016 and still I am on LUMIA CYAN no LUMIA DENIM update. (Lumia 930)

You can try the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'.
It will tell you if there are software and firmware updates, before giving you the option to install.
This will wipe your phone though, so make sure you have a backup before continuing.

DoriKinStarr

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Until now, my lumia 930, is still on lumia cyan, whenever I check the phone updates it always says that it is up to date.
its carrier is: CV GBIE
os version: 8.10.12382.878
Mobile Operator 000-GB

and by the way im from the Philippines.
Thank you for the help, I really appreciate. :)

Hi there... I'm from Singapore. I just recently downgrade from Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 8.1 Mobile. Indeed when I downgrade using the Windows Device Recovery Tool, it gave me a Lumia Cyan not Lumia Denim. Why I downgrade? It's due to battery drain fast, camera issue and no voice when recording a video. But regret too downgrade cause the camera is no good on Lumia Cyan. So what I do is using this method from this website, Tutorial | Lumia devices flashing | Windows 10 Development and Hacking ...

It flashes the ROM of the phone and upgrade Lumia 930 to the actual latest firmware for Windows 8.1 Mobile and it is confirmed Lumia Denim. Got all the apps that I needed especially Lumia Camera. Not gonna upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile till all issues are solved. SO try out the website and hope you got Lumia Denim on your phone.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Hi there... I'm from Singapore. I just recently downgrade from Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 8.1 Mobile. Indeed when I downgrade using the Windows Device Recovery Tool, it gave me a Lumia Cyan not Lumia Denim. Why I downgrade? It's due to battery drain fast, camera issue and no voice when recording a video. But regret too downgrade cause the camera is no good on Lumia Cyan. So what I do is using this method from this website, Tutorial | Lumia devices flashing | Windows 10 Development and Hacking ...

It flashes the ROM of the phone and upgrade Lumia 930 to the actual latest firmware for Windows 8.1 Mobile and it is confirmed Lumia Denim. Got all the apps that I needed especially Lumia Camera. Not gonna upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile till all issues are solved. SO try out the website and hope you got Lumia Denim on your phone.

Repair your phone first, then complain on the operating system.

Usman Burki

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

I'm pretty sure when I got my Lumia 930 then it wasn't heating up, I could record sound during video recording, ppl could hear me while on speaker. The only thing im not too sure about is if proximity sensor was faulty from day one or not. Then, it all changed. I figured some OS update or some fix went in and caused it all. Been waiting since for th fix. I don't think hardware is so sub-optimal quality that it is doing all this. I can go on listing the long list of software issues I've had during my just over year of use (past experience being Lumia 800 and 920). Lumia 920 was far stable quality. It wouldn't be wise to pin it all on hardware.

EDIT: talking about software issues, for one IE crashes daily and so many times that I've just got numb. Just now as I browsed this site it crashed. In my current browsing session I remember it crashed total 3 times or was it 4. Session has been for bout an hour. This is one app. I can go on about WhatsApp, MSN Weather app, Native Calendar app, Facebook app by MS and list goes on. Not wise at all to take the route of saying no issues in software. We will only end up losing the 1.7 market share we have at the moment.

Last edited:

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

Then why I am crying for not getting windows 10 mobile update...... When some people are still on Lumia cyan

DoriKinStarr

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Everything was OK on Windows 8.1 OS. No errors or issues. Speakers OK, battery OK video recording with audio OK & Camera OK. But when upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile, everything is upsetting. So don't assume my phone is faulty.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Everything was OK on Windows 8.1 OS. No errors or issues. Speakers OK, battery OK video recording with audio OK & Camera OK. But when upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile, everything is upsetting. So don't assume my phone is faulty.

After last update, the camera on W10M is really great. Problems with audio in the video recordings ? Hard reset the device after upgrade and if this doesn't help, the device IS FAULTY (the microphones). Do read other threads here, you'll find a lot of explanations and different problematic cases (including mine).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium