It's Dead Jim

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Yo I'm in the exact situation as you, any idea how to resolve it?? My phone is stuck at the flash screen. It was stuck in a reset loop while on the charger and then if I took if off it would just shut off after the frowny face. What can I do? WPRT and Lumia recovery aren't detecting it.

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure that phone has power? You do have it connected to a power source correct?

Yea, this is the exact same issue. I just don't know where to go from here. Do I just keep on doing hard resets hoping that it'll eventually work (It's been like this for about a couple days)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea, this is the exact same issue. I just don't know where to go from here. Do I just keep on doing hard resets hoping that it'll eventually work (It's been like this for about a couple days)

It should not take days to get it to catch and I think you are doing everything right. If you using one of those lame usb cables, it might cause problems for you. Make sure the cable you're using is premium cable, aka, the one that comes with the phone and the port you connect to is at least rated 2.0

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
It should not take days to get it to catch and I think you are doing everything right. If you using one of those lame usb cables, it might cause problems for you. Make sure the cable you're using is premium cable, aka, the one that comes with the phone and the port you connect to is at least rated 2.0
I'm using the same cable I got with the phone, and I use it to connect my other 1020 just fine. The USB I'm using is 2.0. I am running Windows 10 on my PC, could that have an impact somehow

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I did mine on my 8.1 share. But that should not affect it.
I was able to get it to "connect". I think the micro USB port on the phone is damaged. When I plug my phone into my computer I get Windows could not recognize device. I go to device manager and I get a device descriptor request failed under USB. Sometimes though I can an error for Qualcomm MSM device. Any ideas how to get my computer to recognize my phone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get it to "connect". I think the micro USB port on the phone is damaged. When I plug my phone into my computer I get Windows could not recognize device. I go to device manager and I get a device descriptor request failed under USB. Sometimes though I can an error for Qualcomm MSM device. Any ideas how to get my computer to recognize my phone.

a. Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
b. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and right-click on each USB controller.
c. Select Un-install.

Restart the computer. This will re-install the USB drivers.

Devang Mehta

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 720 has windows 10 build 10166 installed. Suddenly it has stopped responding - no lights, buttons don't work, doesn't vibrate when put in charging.

I cant unlock, restart, do soft reset.

I tried connecting to my pc and do a rollback with windows phone recovery tool. It detects lumia 720 but is stuck at reading phone information. sometimes it shows error"product code is empty".

Please help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanodefensepross