It's time to force MS to take us seriously

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Look I do not have any issues with MS going cross platform; if you know MS history you would known that is what make MS what it is today. But, one thing that is really getting into me is that MS is always leaving us behind. It is totally understandable they are releasing apps for Android and Apple's ecosystem, hey that is where the people are; well the majority. They are running a business and they need to answer to its investors. But one thing I don't get is why WP is always left behind. This a repeat it question but here it goes again: If MS doesn't develop and/or update WP first why would any other developer/s?

It is time for us to stand up and force MS hand. Let's give Joe Belford the ride of his life and take on Twitter.

Forgot to post the pic:wp_ss_20141106_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, I already had asked the same question to Joe (on Twitter) months back and as expected he overlooked it :)
That is the issue, you asked and I asked. Unless we get together he'll never will pay attention if his twitter get flood it he'll has to act. I am not going to give up I am like WP and had spend to much into the platform and I know I am not alone cuz if not we would have left already.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Joe Belfiore works in the Windows group at Microsoft. I'm sure the updated ipad app was developed in the Office group. Joe has little to no control over the goings on over there.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Now have you use it on an Android or iPhone? If not try it and then you see. WP MS' own product should have the same premium staffs or been updated at the same time. I never say we don't have Office read the OP. But is actually true that MS always release updates first to the big two.

Look at your Tweet to Joe...wording is confusing. While you did not say it is NOT available, you also did not say that it is not the same as IOs/Android. That is what I got out of it "left behind" can be taken a number of ways. That is why I pointed it out. Be specific and state what you mean and you will get farther.

I agree, it frustrates me that Microsoft Services are BETTER on other platforms than on their own. BIG MISTAKE. Yes, make them work on ALL platforms, but make them better on Microsoft products.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
OP is not talking about app gaps. His (as well as most of WP users including me) concern is that apps published by MS are getting frequent and priotitized updates on other ecosystems like Android or iOS. MS should prioritize WP and release updates on WP first. MS has failed to achieve trust of WP users in that particular area and that's what bothers us. We should be treated as first recepient of such updates.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
OP, the reality is Microsoft is irrelevant in mobile and this is their only play to be a part of the mobile world and even Windows is being placed behind ios and android in the name of spreading their products and services everywhere, WP with its poor sales is less than an afterthought. Its annoying but the die is cast, WP is irrelevant in smartphones, Windows is irrelevant on tablets, desktop users don't care about mobile stuff so this is the way its going to be.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Now have you use it on an Android or iPhone? If not try it and then you see. WP MS' own product should have the same premium staffs or been updated at the same time. I never say we don't have Office read the OP. But is actually true that MS always release updates first to the big two.

Although we already knew, WC just published another article confirming touch office for W10.

I'm expecting this to be very fully featured, close to desktop office in fact, and much more powerful than their iOS and Android counterparts. I also think this will be the basis for new office apps coming to WP.

Yes, it's frustrating to wait, but if I'm speculating correctly it's understandable that a project of that size is still being worked on.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
They are working on Windows 10 right now and I'm sure a great new version of Office is going to come along with the phone version as well. It'll probably be a ton better than the IOS or Android version. I believe the Office for Windows Phone is currently part of the OS and can't be updated without an OS update, but I could be wrong.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
There is already Office for WP, and just like Music and Video apps, it sucks it is integrated in the OS. and it's FREE and it comes with every windows phone shipped today.

I hope you understand that, or try to understand and stop making thread that something that should be obvious by today.

Windows 10 IS going to merge Phone and Desktop, end. it will merge Store, APIs, and features and blabla.

do you understand what does that mean?

it's obvious Microsoft can't just make office a separated app today, because the point of Windows 10 is to have one app for every MS platform. so I am sure that includes office! why would they waste their time with WP office, if it will be removed and probably replaced by a better Windows 10 app? they already announced it it will be available for 2015.

and yes 2015 is still far away from today, but that's the problem Microsoft had by not merging sooner the OSs, of course it was a hard work and they are making it happen. and today we have an almost full featured office on ARM tablets, and a decent office for WP. but it works... but like I said, Win10 will change how things are today. they will probably do what they have done with some apps. that means, they would removed it from the OS and put it as separated apps, and update them often.

But they can't do that today, because sadly, the integrated into OS, doesn't work as Microsoft wishes because carriers and countries phone regulators block the updates and they can't be released the same day. yeah, my phone unlocked and unbranded still have to wait for my country to approve the updates.

But again, Windows 10 is the key Microsoft is going to pursuit, and nothing you complain today about, and people wish. will come true until Windows 10 is finished and we have it on our phones and tablets and desktop computers. do you think next office will be integrated with the OS? nah. it won't. but it will be a nice universal app that will be updated as it should today.

again, we already have office for WP for FREE, arm tablets for FREE, and intel/amd tablets and desktop, and web for free as well. so I don't know what you are complaining. yeah it sucks Office not being a separated app, doesn't let it to be updated. but that will change.

So explain me again, what are you complaining about? did you forget you have office on your phone? or you didn't get to read the articles about Windows 10 being on every platform and merging stuff. again, it's obvious by now, that those office touch apps announced for 2015 will be available as universal app for Desktop and Phone and tablets. but if you can't wait or can't understand, I am sure you can switch platform and be happy with office there, even if there is already office for WP from day one.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
OP, the reality is Microsoft is irrelevant in mobile and this is their only play to be a part of the mobile world and even Windows is being placed behind ios and android in the name of spreading their products and services everywhere, WP with its poor sales is less than an afterthought. Its annoying but the die is cast, WP is irrelevant in smartphones, Windows is irrelevant on tablets, desktop users don't care about mobile stuff so this is the way its going to be.

You must be living on Mars! You are trying to yank everything what MS has done in technology. How do you think Windows is irrelevant on tablets/desktops?

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Although we already knew, WC just published another article confirming touch office for W10.

I'm expecting this to be very fully featured, close to desktop office in fact, and much more powerful than their iOS and Android counterparts. I also think this will be the basis for new office apps coming to WP.

Yes, it's frustrating to wait, but if I'm speculating correctly it's understandable that a project of that size is still being worked on.
Is the waiting and waiting ...... and waiting that gets into my gears. As right now I don't see anything that would make people to drop their current devices to jump to WP. The OS the best but as we know that's not enough, the app gap doesn't help and now we don't have anything we can say they don't have..

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Look at your Tweet to Joe...wording is confusing. While you did not say it is NOT available, you also did not say that it is not the same as IOs/Android. That is what I got out of it "left behind" can be taken a number of ways. That is why I pointed it out. Be specific and state what you mean and you will get farther.

I agree, it frustrates me that Microsoft Services are BETTER on other platforms than on their own. BIG MISTAKE. Yes, make them work on ALL platforms, but make them better on Microsoft products.

wp_ss_20141106_0002.jpg

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You must be living on Mars! You are trying to yank everything what MS has done in technology. How do you think Windows is irrelevant on tablets/desktops?

Never said desktops, just smartphones and tablets. Haven't quite made it to Mars yet, still working on breaking Earth's orbit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786