It's time to force MS to take us seriously

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The only was to fix this or get an answer to get the media heavily involved. With enough waves should get the CEO to answer. Other than that, just have to wait. I do think this sites admin and others that work here should the leading this charge. If they don't, my not be anything to report on.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The only was to fix this or get an answer to get the media heavily involved. With enough waves should get the CEO to answer. Other than that, just have to wait. I do think this sites admin and others that work here should the leading this charge. If they don't, my not be anything to report on.

Funny thing is the media is already involved - and they love the new Microsoft that embraces its competitors. But when it comes to WP they don't give a toss and ignore or bash it whenever they can. They seem quite happy to get access to MS apps and services on their preferred platform but still consider WP crap. Quite an interesting scenario, actually.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Then lets make him respond to us..

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
That tweet would have been a valid complaint if "better featured" or "fully featured" would have been the first two words in that tweet (if character limit allowed it). WP has always had Office. The complaint should be the quality or features between the two different platforms of Office. If anyone who didn't know any better reads that tweet is going to think WP doesn't have Office at all. And if I were Joe and read that tweet, I would think the author of the tweet doesn't know what he's talking about. Phone sales dopes already do enough damage spreading false truths about WP, we shouldn't help them out. When tweeting MS staff, especially executives, it should be important to get the facts correct. If we're lucky enough for execs to actually pay attention to the tweet (or email or facebook post) it's going to be for about 3 seconds.

Just my $.02

But agree that in any regard, WP should be included in those updates/improvements at the same time as iOS/Android. The reason they don’t is because they see users of iOS and Android as customers. The fact that those customers are using a competing platform is a distant second. It’s smart business considering the market share. I don’t like it either but I totally understand.
wp_ss_20141107_0001.jpg

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 will solve this problem. Haven't you noticed that in terms of features we are just about level with iOS. After the ,8.1.1 update. Maybe Windows 10 will On par with Android in terms of features and better through updates. You guys are so hurt by what the media are saying that you don't even realise how hard Microsoft has worked to bring the platform at this level in just four years

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 will solve this problem. Haven't you noticed that in terms of features we are just about level with iOS. After the ,8.1.1 update. Maybe Windows 10 will On par with Android in terms of features and better through updates. You guys are so hurt by what the media are saying that you don't even realise how hard Microsoft has worked to bring the platform at this level in just four years

The issue is waiting. Why can't they push out updates to office now

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The issue is waiting. Why can't they push out updates to office now

We don't know why MS' schedules are the way they are, so your question can't be answered.
My guess is that Office for ARM tablets will be an almost complete port of desktop Office, with an entirely new touch friendly UI. Not just a set of dinky apps like we currently have on WP, iOS and Android, where the Word app is more like notepad rather than Word. I suspect the exact same apps will run on our phones too, by reconfiguring their UI for smaller screens. Again, that's just my guess, but that would be a completely different beast than just a dinky app and it would definitely explain the wait.
Even if I'm only half right, no amount of pestering will get the software released earlier. I can't pester you into completing your work in half the time either.
I too would appreciate a bit more communication however. I don't think they need to address Office specifically, but I would like to know if WP taking a back seat to Android/iOS is just a result of technical realities and grander Windows/Office goals, or if MS effectively has an internal policy to prioritize their competitor's ecosystems over their own.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
OP, the reality is Microsoft is irrelevant in mobile and this is their only play to be a part of the mobile world and even Windows is being placed behind ios and android in the name of spreading their products and services everywhere, WP with its poor sales is less than an afterthought. Its annoying but the die is cast, WP is irrelevant in smartphones, Windows is irrelevant on tablets, desktop users don't care about mobile stuff so this is the way its going to be.

Irrelevant to all bar those who actually own and use WP and Windows products, every WP and W user here matters if we didn't is MS making all these improvements to the mobile OS, tablets and Desktops so to put devices in stores as DECORATION???NO they're doing it for US the users despite the low market share.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

Why take out features in WM for WP7-8.1 now seeing the compt they have to return them. With that said all the 4 yr talk you have there should never have been a thought. MS allowed IOS and Android to get too far ahead because all they wanted was PCs and the thing is the world was buying smartphones.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Why take out features in WM for WP7-8.1 now seeing the compt they have to return them. With that said all the 4 yr talk you have there should never have been a thought. MS allowed IOS and Android to get too far ahead because all they wanted was PCs and the thing is the world was buying smartphones.
But Now that they have caught up with iOS 8 in terms of features. Why are you complaining about an office app. They make smartphones now. If you are complaining so much, get an Android or iPhone Then. Microsoft is perfectly happy with what they are doing

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Joe Belfiore works in the Windows group at Microsoft. I'm sure the updated ipad app was developed in the Office group. Joe has little to no control over the goings on over there.

pretty lame reason aint it? MS should get its act together if ever it expects wp to suceed

Squeegies

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
i think and still think that MS is preparing for the major OS update.
maybe after that, they'll prioritize their own platform...
patience is still a virtue but it is still your own choice.
IMO

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10? I thought it was Mango... sorry Apollo... oops my bad, Blue maybe?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10? I thought it was Mango... sorry Apollo... oops my bad, Blue maybe?
But you can clearly see that they caught up now right? Mango, Apollo had too little changes. Now I can actually recommend a Windows phone to other people. Before I couldn't because the platform was so underdeveloped. You can actually compare a lumia 830 to an iPhone 6 and 1520 to the 6 plus. Before that was never possible.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
But you can clearly see that they caught up now right? Mango, Apollo had too little changes. Now I can actually recommend a Windows phone to other people. Before I couldn't because the platform was so underdeveloped. You can actually compare a lumia 830 to an iPhone 6 and 1520 to the 6 plus. Before that was never possible.
Yeah. But they also caught up in Mango as well relatively. The issue is that they JUST STOP MOVING FORWARD FOR A YEAR AFTER.
What was the point of decoupling apps from the OS if they aren't updating them anyway?

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Agree, I love my 1520. But the issue with many of us is that MS never seems to get ahead, everytime the release an update is to caught up. Why can't they get ahead instead. 4 yrs ago we were behind, a yr ago we finally caught up but, if you check lollipop and IOS 8/8.1 we're behind again. I want MS to be ahead for one or two years and market it. If MS accomplish that, it will definitely help the platform . Reputation will go up.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Agree, I love my 1520. But the issue with many of us is that MS never seems to get ahead, everytime the release an update is to caught up. Why can't they get ahead instead. 4 yrs ago we were behind, a yr ago we finally caught up but, if you check lollipop and IOS 8/8.1 we're behind again. I want MS to be ahead for one or two years and market it. If MS accomplish that, it will definitely help the platform . Reputation will go up.
With iOS 8 they have widgets, touch id and third party keyboards over us. That's it? The third party keyboards are buggy as well. Handoff is done automatically with windows 8 and windows phone with one drive. We have live tiles on the start screen instead of widgets. Obviously with android lollipop you can see it's better but iOS 8? Really? It was so overhyped. I'm using an iPad right now. And still you use. File manager to view your files, still can't download songs or videos from the Internet without an app. Still can't even do basic things like sending files via Bluetooth. It's ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di