I've changed my MS password, how do I change it on my phone??

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe I'm having to ask such a dumb question but I've changed my MS password online and OneNote etc all work in the browser. However on my Lumia 620 running 8.1 I don't have an option to change password, so my backups don't run etc. If I go to settings and tap my MS account there's no option to logout or change password??

Any help appreciated!

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can change it on the phone you will need to hard reset and the account, but still try searching the forums,I read somewhere that there was a way to change the Microsoft account

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Where did you find the comment, I'd you would have noticed it was same with BlackBerry s also earlier OS you had to take backup and wipe the entire phone and then restore it,I don't know what ssgt was trying to say anyways

dailynail

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It still hasn't asked for my new password and my backup still always fails but I can download apps, what the hell is going on here. Bizarre that there's no way of manually updating the password with a new one. Apple could teach MS a thing or ten here. Oh and holding down on my account name and syncing works too, and OneDrive is logged in. Mind you looking on here there's plenty of us with failed backups.

willslumia

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
This Update has completely stuffed my 920. It reverted my phone to a Microsoft Account that I had some 15+years ago, and not the one that I have with my phone and PC. Worse still Microsoft don't know about it either. No backup available cant update Apps, there are a dozen apps there where it says "Your Attention Is Required" but I can't because I have no password to log in.
I had a beautifully working Phone before the update, but stupid me allowed MS Windows to update, should have known better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750