Job interview in 1hr. Which shirt/tie?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I have a job interview in an hour or so.
Off for a shave in a mo.
It would appear that in my recent house move all of my ties and most of my shirts have gone missing. Not normally a problem as I currently work in t-shirts and sandals.
So, I've got one tie and three shirts. Which combo do you guys reckon?
The role is one at an IT service provider. I want the job (unlike some other interviews I've been for recently!).
I'll be in a black suit and shoes.

WP_20150408_11_51_43_Pro.jpgWP_20150408_11_51_30_Pro.jpgWP_20150408_11_51_18_Pro.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I voted for light blue vertical stripes, since that shirt appears to be long-sleeved. The other two shirts appear to be short-sleeved.

I'm not sure if that is the case, or if the shirts just looked short-sleeved in the pictures. However, short-sleeved dress shirts with suits are generally considered a no-no in men's fashion.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Good point re the sleeves. I don't own many long sleeves though - too many expensive shirts have come to an end with sleeves snagged on server racks, or covered in toner or the stuff under people's desks. Or Nando's. A good few lost through careless Nando's eating.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
As one on the interviewer end...
I always appreciated the red or grey tie wide knot with a white shirt and jacket buttoned.

Eye to eye.
Sense of humor.
Pen with note pad.
No smartphone visible.

Good luck there...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Good point re the sleeves. I don't own many long sleeves though - too many expensive shirts have come to an end with sleeves snagged on server racks, or covered in toner or the stuff under people's desks. Or Nando's. A good few lost through careless Nando's eating.

My suggestion would be to get a couple of long-sleeved shirts just for job interviews, weddings and funerals. They wouldn't be everyday shirts worn for anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss