Just received the update

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The phone is definitely zippier..not sure if it is due to the reboot. We shall see..I like this update so far. One new issue I found..earlier I could launch the camera from screen OFF position, now I cannot.
go to settings and swipe to the side for applications., go to camara settings and toggle the second switch ( Press and hold camera button to wake up the phone) and make sure the third toggle is off (prevent accidental camara lauch whebn phone locked) The update somehow changed my settings.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am currently updating my phone as I type this and a thought occurred. Did Nokia get around having to wait for ATT to get this update out? Normally the updates are OTA and I have never had to use Zune for it. Is this a sign that Nokia will be able to get us the goods we need faster and not have to deal with ATT's politics???

You have never actually updated a windows phone then. The updates have NEVER been OTA. There is a notification sent OTA but you can usually get the actual update before the notification, if the update is available. I can't say if Nokia is getting around att politics in some way, but Zune has always been the only way to update so that isn't unusual.

Hector1van

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
The screen IS more responsive. I like the USA Today App and the scrolling on it was lagged by about half a second when reading an article. I got used to it. This lag as completely disappeared after the update. Very Cool Indeed. Thanks Nokia!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I installed the update the other day, but haven't really noticed any differences... which is fine because my phone was working flawlessly before the update anyway. :cool:

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
You have never actually updated a windows phone then. The updates have NEVER been OTA. There is a notification sent OTA but you can usually get the actual update before the notification, if the update is available. I can't say if Nokia is getting around att politics in some way, but Zune has always been the only way to update so that isn't unusual.

I had and update for my Focus S and it was OTA. I did not have to go through Zune for it. So from my experience this was new.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Jarism

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Update download issue fix

I was having an issue downloading the update. I had gone to the Nokia Web site and followed the directions exactly and Zune wasnt popping up the update window for my phone when I plugged it into my pc. So i used the Nokia Customer Care chat and the lady took 10 minutes to check and see if the OS version I gave her was the right one. During that 10 minutes, I decided to uninstall Zune (which I had only downloaded 3 days before) and reinstall it. It worked. So if you are having an issue with the Zune not recognizing your device for the update, try uninstalling and re-installing first

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124