keyboard autocorrect - has it changed?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Has the keyboard autocorrect changed? Now it is autocorrecting me. Before it would put suggestions above the keyboard, but now when it does not recognize a word, it automatically fills in an autocorrect when I don't want it.

Also, i noticed if using any cursing - it never automatically spell them. I tried and tried to spell f*ck and it keeps spelling duck. I have to type it out. I can't swype it.

Anyone else?

Mr. V

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Has the keyboard autocorrect changed? Now it is autocorrecting me. Before it would put suggestions above the keyboard, but now when it does not recognize a word, it automatically fills in an autocorrect when I don't want it.

Also, i noticed if using any cursing - it never automatically spell them. I tried and tried to spell f*ck and it keeps spelling duck. I have to type it out. I can't swype it.

Anyone else?

Mr. V

The cursing was a default behaviour, it hasn't changed

the others - anything in keyboard settings?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it resets what it knows about you after getting redstone, now have to add words again and correct the autocorrect before it replaces your word a few times so it stops trying to replace it

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In my experience it's gone pretty poor... It was near psychic with wp8.0 but it has become ios-like over time...
For instance I type pretty quick and I typed Sulley, it autocorrected to Sue.... :grincry:.. LOL.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yah I remember wp 8.1 was the best. Th2 wasn't too bad either but anniversary update just made it so much worse. You can hold the &123 button tap the keyboard you use and disable autocorrect. Also if you go to more keyboard settings and you enable "send microsoft info about how i write to help improve typing and writing in the future" it will eventually get much better. I think at one point these got reset for all users on the server end. It stores some stuff directly on device other in the cloud. I just hope it doesn't take info from input fields for username/passwords etc..

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
If you make a typo and the keyboard remembers it, I don't think you can delete it. Then when you try to type the word correctly, it auto-incorrectly replaces it. Fun with phones, eh?

I'm having a strange problem... Often inputs the auto corrected word after the misspelled word instead of replacing

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
In german, the keyboard is kinda ****ty. Has a very outdated spelling. And it very often doesn't know simple words. In 2010, I had a Samsung Wave, with a 3,3" display. I mispelled there as often as on Win10 with 5", but the Wave autocorrects a thousand times better. And you could add things like e-mailadresses to the spelling. Was a very handy feature for me back then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss