Kid friendly Windows OS tablets?

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, im looking to get my 3 y/o daughter a tablet for Christmas. She had an Android Nabi Tablet that plainly sucked. Im looking to introduce her to windows with a new tablet for Christmas. Ive been searching and havent really found anything geared to children like the Android based Nabi tablets. Are there any tablets in the pipeline thats suppose to release before Christmas for Children, if not I will just settle for one of these tablets that are $150 and below and hopefully they have a nice case for them.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Any tablet is good/bad for the child depending on the security on it..... Windows is a great OS as it has children's corner so you wont have to worry about accidental in app purchase... As for the actual tablet...well...that depends on your budget...the cheapest tablet will do as there are loads of child friendly apps on there

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are no "kid" centric tablets so far.

I recommend scoring a decent 8" incher with a case.
Now, its a full computer and may not be the best option for someone so young IMHO. I'm not trying to dictate what you should do, but I'm not sure such early exposure to tech like that might be great. I've heard of studies where it shows an hit on attention span, although its been a while since Ive heard of it.
Just trying to help.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Any tablet is good/bad for the child depending on the security on it..... Windows is a great OS as it has children's corner so you wont have to worry about accidental in app purchase... As for the actual tablet...well...that depends on your budget...the cheapest tablet will do as there are loads of child friendly apps on there
I'm actually looking into purchasing two Acer tab 8w. Thinking of just stripping the metro portion and filling it with kid friendly apps .there are quite a few kid educational apps out there for windows

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
There are no "kid" centric tablets so far.

I recommend scoring a decent 8" incher with a case.
Now, its a full computer and may not be the best option for someone so young IMHO. I'm not trying to dictate what you should do, but I'm not sure such early exposure to tech like that might be great. I've heard of studies where it shows an hit on attention span, although its been a while since Ive heard of it.
Just trying to help.

I'm looking at the 8 inch Acer tab 8w. Hopefully they make a nice case for it. Her nabi had a rubber casing that came from the OEM like that

choloFromHell

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Windows tablet for kids are great because you can configure kid protection
For that price will be great a Toshiba Encore WT8, it is around $170 in Amazon, probably can be found in less and have a great display for the price and is pretty fast more that I suppose you are only going to put metro apps or thinks like Scratch

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No way will you find a Windows tablet with the control of the Nabi. The Nabi 2 has been good for my daughter. My only complaint is the lack of memory and the inability to put apps on a sdcard. As far as safety and complete control over what you child can and can't do on a tablet there is no equivalent to the Nabi in my opinion.

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Have 2 dell venue 8s for my 3 and 5 year old. I just setup a MS account for them and sign into the store with my account and require a password to purchase. Removed everything from the start screen except apps I want them to have and they work great. Replaced kindle fires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro