Kindle App not syncing book location to other devices

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the Kindle app on my L920 phone and on my L2520 RT tablet. They do not sync back and forth with the current location within a book. I have tried uninstalling the apps on both devices and reinstalling them. No sync. I?ve also checked all the possible settings I could find including on the Amazon site to manage Kindle. No luck.
My father has a surface 2 and an iPhone 5 that both have the Kindle app. He has his own Amazon account. His book location doesn?t sync either.
Any suggestions?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do not believe it is possible to sync between devices. I also experience the same issue using the Windows Phone Kindle app and the Windows 8.1 Kindle app.

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get the sync to work. I downloaded a new book on the 920 and moved forward a few pages. I then returned the Kindle App to home before closing the app. I then downloaded the book on my 2520. When I opened the book it asked me if I wanted to go to the furthest location. I said yes and it did. I then advanced a few pages then returned the 2520 Kindle App to home and closed it. When I opened the book on my 920 it asked and advanced to the correct page. Since I established that the sync can work, I noted down my location in the original book that wouldn't sync and then deleted the book from both devices. Downloaded the book on both devices and did the same steps noted above and the sync appears to be working.

I'm not sure how reliable this will be but it can work. It looks like the trick is to return to home before exiting the app to establish the current location on the Amazon servers.

I did note that there are many references to enabling annotations in the app when I was searching around for a solution. This doesn't seem to be an option on any of the Windows Kindle Apps.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It was very seamless on WP7, but seems to be a little more hit and miss on WP8 (or maybe just this last update). I will have to keep that method in mind though. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo