Konami confirms MGS5 720p on Xbox One and 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but the devs of Assassin's Creed figured out how to make the game in native 1080p for xbox?

I can understand how some people live and die by the hardware and others like myself like features.

If i wanted high speed gaming with nice graphics I'd stick with my pc but I like the features my x1 gives me.

Also.... if we really want to go there..... both consoles suck because they dont have games natively in 4k UHD for my Samsung 4K UHD tv

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but the devs of Assassin's Creed figured out how to make the game in native 1080p for xbox?

I can understand how some people live and die by the hardware and others like myself like features.

If i wanted high speed gaming with nice graphics I'd stick with my pc but I like the features my x1 gives me.

Also.... if we really want to go there..... both consoles suck because they dont have games natively in 4k UHD for my Samsung 4K UHD tv

Ok. I don't die about hardware, since I got a Wii before my X360. But we are on 2014, the 4k resolution is ahead, then the basics must be AT LEAST 1080p. It is the basic. Until now the media content on Xbox One is not enough to differentiate from PS4. This is the truth. The worst, that 1080p is the basics today. Even my 2 years old PC run it. But the Xbox One not. Sorry, but Some companies made wrong decisions (Nintendo ) and MS made plenty of them. Since DRM, now underpowered and etc.

And Assassins only figured out to reach 1080p on PS4, not Xbox One...

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft needs to hurry like I said, needs to offer the best solution for developers in order to fill the gap. Otherwise the gap will only grow, more and more games looking better on PS4. PS4 is outselling worldwide and on United States. Developers want two thing from consoles: High marketshare and easy way to developer. MS could throw Money in companies like EA, Activision and etc (MS has plenty of Money), but if this pace keeps on this way, not billions will fill the true sense that maybe Xbox One is a bad Project. Today the feelings towards the Xbox One is that. At least is better than Wii U (Since MS has nice ties with third devs).....but it is getting contaminated by bad press, developers arguing about how underpowered and hard to dev to it.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
If its that hard to dev for X1 why are games coming out for both platforms from the exceptions of exclusive games. Big companies like the one you mention Konami is putting MGS on both platforms.

Now I am not a very smart man just an average consumer this is probably why I went for more bells and whistles than hardware. You seem like a smart guy, let me ask this.

If 720p is lesser than 1080p wouldn't 720p be cheaper to make than 1080p in terms of resources by a company. If this is true, and the 720p MGS and the 1080p MGS sell at the same price. Wouldn't Konami gain more profit from selling MGS for X1.

Also, I think X1 offers more for dev to do with controllers and other things to make the experience unique to X1 which will have richer features.

An example is while playing Ryse: Son of Rome. I am able to yell out "FIRE" and my archers fire. I seem to like unique features like this. Not sure of MGS will include.
To me this is a unique experience that can only be experienced with the X1; while PS4 only offers better graphics not gameplay. Unless graphics is game play (and some will feel this way). I'd rather play with a hot girl than see a better picture of a hot girl, I'm just saying.... totally irrelevant though but the thought came up.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to be fair, we haven't even hit 90 days yet with the XBOX One, and the PS4 just passed 90 days.... it hasn't been 6 months...

Yes, but MGS and Titanfall will be released at the 4-month mark, and both are going to be 720p. Though it's not yet confirmed, Dying Light is another one that is expected to be sub-1080p. Q2's Watch Dogs is allegedly 900p on the One (1080p on the PS4), and The Witcher 3 is allegedly going to be 720p on the One as well (and 900p or 1080p on the PS4). So while we're only at 3 months right now, the issue is already being projected to stretch into the 6-month mark and beyond. In fact, it's likely that we won't see this get any better during the first year of release.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If its that hard to dev for X1 why are games coming out for both platforms from the exceptions of exclusive games. Big companies like the one you mention Konami is putting MGS on both platforms.

Now I am not a very smart man just an average consumer this is probably why I went for more bells and whistles than hardware. You seem like a smart guy, let me ask this.

If 720p is lesser than 1080p wouldn't 720p be cheaper to make than 1080p in terms of resources by a company. If this is true, and the 720p MGS and the 1080p MGS sell at the same price. Wouldn't Konami gain more profit from selling MGS for X1.

Also, I think X1 offers more for dev to do with controllers and other things to make the experience unique to X1 which will have richer features.

An example is while playing Ryse: Son of Rome. I am able to yell out "FIRE" and my archers fire. I seem to like unique features like this. Not sure of MGS will include.
To me this is a unique experience that can only be experienced with the X1; while PS4 only offers better graphics not gameplay. Unless graphics is game play (and some will feel this way). I'd rather play with a hot girl than see a better picture of a hot girl, I'm just saying.... totally irrelevant though but the thought came up.

I love Xbox. I love the way Xbox One has such possibilities. It is nice to see the Kinect in action on this way you said. But Bad press (developers and Media) is bad press. It is hard to Microsoft, specially on the start receive such News. Their team has good intentions, even the original DRM was nice, but bad PR contaminated everything. And now the "resolutiongate" is destroying the belief on MS. The resolutiongate is even keep the discussion away from gaming (XONE has better games and will have Titanfall - the ony true next gen game) and from the possibilities of its console. Then, in order to solve this bad press, they need to fix it soon. I spent 2 hours discussing how could eSRAM output 1080p games on XONE to a couple of friends last week. Then, Today I got this bad news. Every single game that is not on pair to PS4 is a bad press for MS. We need to deliver at least the same resolution. You can have some details better on PS4, but resolution is the most basic thing. On this generation, 1080p might be the norm, not the exception. It is cheap to buy a 1080p TV (led or even lcd). We expect that.

Talking about developing. Today, to developer for XONE is harder than PS4. Because the eSRAM is not easy. I like to say that MS won the generation before, offering a easy way to developers on Xbox 360 (GTA V is clearly better on 360) than PS3. Now we followed the wrong way, but we can fill the gap, offering solutions to developers, instead of arguing: that we can't notice the diferences or that Xbox is a hub of media (all empty excuses). They need to look forward and solve it. The gap is not big, but it seems bigger as long the press is relating different resolutions between the games.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but MGS and Titanfall will be released at the 4-month mark, and both are going to be 720p. Though it's not yet confirmed, Dying Light is another one that is expected to be sub-1080p. Q2's Watch Dogs is allegedly 900p on the One (1080p on the PS4), and The Witcher 3 is allegedly going to be 720p on the One as well (and 900p or 1080p on the PS4). So while we're only at 3 months right now, the issue is already being projected to stretch into the 6-month mark and beyond. In fact, it's likely that we won't see this get any better during the first year of release.

Respawn did say that they are aiming to up the resolution to 900p for launch, though.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I would like to say that only the first game of Titanfall will be exclusive for Xbox (One and 360). The Respawn admits it is willing to developer for PS4. Of corse MS could buy them if they get a huge success (they will have). But if PS4 keeps gaining this traction, outselling Xbox One and all this resolutiongate, I will not be surprised if the sequel or a spin off appear on the Sony's console....

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not saying he's biased, but is anyone surprised that the Japanese man supports the console from a Japanese company? Not I.

Ok, lets think that he is biased. But not only him, because all major developers is facing issues on XONE, specially when it comes to match the resolution of PS4. Then, something is wrong and MS needs to fix it.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
He even went on to say the PS4 was the better of the two consoles. "I think, between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best," said Kojima.

"Since it does it a little better than other hardware, the image quality of the PS4 is the most beautiful. It?s the closest to the photorealistic quality we are aiming at."

Ubisoft said something like that too.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think it's pretty clear that MS's vision is not to have the best specs... its to have the best experience and in a console that is what matters. Take a look at windows phone, runs faster and smoother then its competitors on lesser specs.

IMHO what you guys are debating are non-issues.

I have always ran my 360 at 720p even when hooked up to a 1080 TV. 720 is much more stable, which is why it's used more in TV.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's pretty clear that MS's vision is not to have the best specs... its to have the best experience and in a console that is what matters. Take a look at windows phone, runs faster and smoother then its competitors on lesser specs.

IMHO what you guys are debating are non-issues.

I have always ran my 360 at 720p even when hooked up to a 1080 TV. 720 is much more stable, which is why it's used more in TV.

Those comparisons aren't viable. The differences in performance are all about OS-related restrictions. Android gets clunky when it's overloaded with third-party UIs and bloatware. Android and Windows Phone devices (within the same price tier) operate on nearly-identical hardware. The Lumia 920 and Galaxy S3 had the same CPU and GPU inside. That's not the case with these consoles. It's more like comparing a Note 3 to a Lumia 1320...maybe.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to say that only the first game of Titanfall will be exclusive for Xbox (One and 360). The Respawn admits it is willing to developer for PS4. Of corse MS could buy them if they get a huge success (they will have). But if PS4 keeps gaining this traction, outselling Xbox One and all this resolutiongate, I will not be surprised if the sequel or a spin off appear on the Sony's console....

No, Respawn's already in the EA fold. Allegedly, EA went behind Respawn's back and made Titanfall exclusive. That hints at the idea that they wanted to be on the PS4 from the start. Therefore, it's unlikely Respawn would jump in bed with Microsoft like that.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Those comparisons aren't viable. The differences in performance are all about OS-related restrictions. Android gets clunky when it's overloaded with third-party UIs and bloatware. Android and Windows Phone devices (within the same price tier) operate on nearly-identical hardware. The Lumia 920 and Galaxy S3 had the same CPU and GPU inside. That's not the case with these consoles. It's more like comparing a Note 3 to a Lumia 1320...maybe.

My point is they know how to write software to use their hardware efficiently, and their lower end devices run smoother then that of the competitors (android) Microsoft is a world class (dare i say TOP OF THE LINE) software company. With MS's server farm they are also a world class networking company. Sony is an entertainment company now nothing more. They are not world class software writers, and now they they have sold off their devices division, they are no longer a hardware company. It will be interesting to see how the next few years play out. If i had money to bet i would put it in MS's corner. Thats just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb