Xbox one microphone support for cortana

kevon skat pedersen

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
There is that connector on the controllers where you can attach extra things. They could easily make a cheap microphone that could be connected to it. They should mess with that.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Company that I no longer name has been working with Amazon and Alexa/Cortana skills from what I have read. I would expect Alexa to possibly do this later in the year.

Moskus

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they should. But I also feel like they could do more, this is Microsoft after all!

Perhaps they could make some kind of device that would track my movements, that would have been cool!
Think of the possibilities when coupled with VR.

MorganRW

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I really thought the Cortana speaker would have been used to solve the problem with no more Kinect support and to how "Hey Cortana" ends up triggering a response from all your Microsoft devices. NOPE. I was ready to buy the thing but once I learned that it does nothing to interact with Xbox or other Microsoft devices, I really don't see a point to the thing.

ChrisFricke

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Crazy. I never used the Kinect for gaming but I've been talking to my Xbox since 2010. 2010!!! After 8 years I'll now be required to only use the controller... completely ridiculous. A mic better be available... or allow the TurtleBeach to work... or something. Seems incredibly dumb to step backwards almost a decade in tech with no explanation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans