[L635] Denim update?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but even then. I wanted to film something for Vine yesterday (snow coming into the windshield lit by the headlights) and although I could see it perfectly the camera didn't. That's bad. It can't even pick up what the eye can see.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but even then. I wanted to film something for Vine yesterday (snow coming into the windshield lit by the headlights) and although I could see it perfectly the camera didn't. That's bad. It can't even pick up what the eye can see.

That's not abnormal, my 920's video recording of a storm late at night was little more than darkness, with some more dark outlines. Way inferior to my human eye, smartphone camera's aren't that good yet.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The camera sucks on the 635 anyhow. Not much you can improve..
If anyone buys the 635 thinking they are going to have the greatest cell phone camera ever, that mistake goes to the buyer. For where it is priced at, the 635 is a fantastic device with a more than capable camera. You want more, you spend more.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
If anyone buys the 635 thinking they are going to have the greatest cell phone camera ever, that mistake goes to the buyer. For where it is priced at, the 635 is a fantastic device with a more than capable camera. You want more, you spend more.

That's actually a little simplistic (and quite harshly written might I add). I had an HTC 8s before which had a better quality camera even though it was a budget phone. Obviously no one expects to get the same performance as a 1020 or 930.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
That's actually a little simplistic (and quite harshly written might I add). I had an HTC 8s before which had a better quality camera even though it was a budget phone. Obviously no one expects to get the same performance as a 1020 or 930.
I just looked at engadgets review of the 8s and the 635. They say the 635 is a much better camera. I have never owned an 8s, but i will go with their opinion vs yours. Hope thats not too simplistic or harsh, if so i apologize. Sometimes it's the person behind the camera vs the camera itself.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I just looked at engadgets review of the 8s and the 635. They say the 635 is a much better camera. I have never owned an 8s, but i will go with their opinion vs yours. Hope thats not too simplistic or harsh, if so i apologize. Sometimes it's the person behind the camera vs the camera itself.

Alright sure.

derbio

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Why doesn't Microsoft demand a standard software update across carriers then all windows phones can have equal opportunity to experience the full update instead of relying on different carriers to roll it out when they want to?
derbio

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Why doesn't Microsoft demand a standard software update across carriers then all windows phones can have equal opportunity to experience the full update instead of relying on different carriers to roll it out when they want to?
derbio

Because Microsoft can demand what they want but the carriers will not listen because the market share of windows phone is much to low. ( Microsoft is not in the same position as Apple)
But as a "compensation" you can use preview for developers.

derbio

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Realise what you are saying, when I upgraded to nokia windows phone from Apple my carrier shop assistant wasn't very accommodating. Almost trying to dissuade me from going with the windows phone. The reason I wanted to change was work related windows environment. I originally had iPhones then changed to l1020 which unfortunately was stolen on New Years day morning. I now have a l635, which is ok but would be better with Cortana, as I was used to Siri on my iPhone's the thought of Cortana drove me to go with windows. Now there are posts that suggest the l635 may not get Cortana or other parts of the software update in denim, is that the situation?
derbio

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
First of all see below link.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...vailable/1b94c48b-20a4-483f-8aee-3fde582aecd4
You can get Cortana but not the voice activated "Hey Cortana" .
You need to push the search button to activate Cortana.
For Hey Cortana and camera improvements you need to have a snapdragon 800 device like the 930/Icon and the 1520.
The 830 gets also a camera improvement (lesser than the 800 devices but no "Hey Cortana"

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So then how does it work for those of us on Cricket? It's an MVNO for AT&T, does Cricket give the green light or would that go to AT&T?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
AT&T owns cricket so who knows. I would think it would be ATT first and then cricket. Denim brings us pretty much nothing anyhow.

More interested in the 8.1.1 or GDR1 or whatever the official name would be really. I like the folders stuff and I don't really want to go through pfd stuff. I don't have a dev account, don't feel like making one. I would like to be on the latest stable release when I know it's already out.

derbio

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank Harry
It seems my l635 won't be giving me the pleasure of Cortana as its OS version is earlier than the UK required one. My OS is 8.10.12397.895. Later than US. Does it go chronologically? This is what I meant about standard lumia updates,why can't every lumia get the full upgrade not just a blanket assumption that they will in the update literature we see when it's due for release?
derbio

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster