[L640] What's in the box?

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 640 last night from O2 UK, The box was sealed close, it is rather a large box I guess, but when I opened it inside was the phone, battery, USB lead and a quick start leaflet. In my wife's 635 she got a wall charger/cable combo, a manual, headphones and replaceable buds. And then the best bit when I went to connect my computer to charger it has the nerve to say that the charger isn't powerful enough and use to use the manufacturers charger, I thought "You didn't bloody give me a wall charger"

Should there of been more inside the box I didn't get?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Better ask O2 but according the Microsoft site a charger should be included. Does the box say what is included?
Microsoft Lumia 640 - Specifications - Microsoft - UK
But newer phones often due not include headphones anymore.
Guess most people do not use them or have already several sets and without them the phone can be cheaper.

Now the message you get is a setting on your phone under USB to inform you that the charging will be taking longer if you use a "underpowered" charger. But I can imagine your reaction.
A USB 2 "only" gives 500mA and this can be used but it will take much longer. (USB 3 gives 900mA)

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine was sim free from CW, came in a small "Microsoft" branded box and had cover, battery, charger with captive cable. TBH the charge is pretty crappy, so although I think you should have had one you arent missing out much!

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Seems quite a lot of variation, a lot must be down to carriers.

O2 doesn't usually add in a charger anymore and they explain it on their website. Something to do with more environmentally friendly and that most buyers already have loads at home. I would prefer a charger added in too.

I know Carphone Warehouse throw in all the basics, though not sure about earphones.

Have fun with your Lumia 640 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo