[L640 XL] Will not turn off while charging?

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Last question, I had couple of times when I unlock my phone, the background color is somewhat saturated, does anybody experienced it too? Is it defect? Sigh

There is no defect... It's just a bug in windows phone which can be fixed in future updates.. Nothing will happen to the phone just lock and unlock the phone it will go away

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Last question, I had couple of times when I unlock my phone, the background color is somewhat saturated, does anybody experienced it too? Is it defect? Sigh

Using auto brightness may explain it.
If you unlock the phone it "still" has to determine which brightness to use.
So if you unlock it it starts with a brightness and then the auto kicks in and sets the brightness to a lower value so it look like the saturation changes but actual it is the brightness.

ZombieZoom

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

ZombieZoom

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [L640 XL] Does not turn off while charging.

Comparing to 1520, aka the Hulk of Windows Phone, 640 XL is much easier to hold. The "sharper" edges have better grips than the smooth rounded edges of 1520. Perhaps I have bigger hands, so one hand operations are no issue for me. Furthermore, the double tapping on the on-screen navigation bar can be used to turn the screen off. So, the double tapping gesture is what I use most of the time instead of searching for the power button for waking the phone as well as putting the phone to standby. :)

OMG! I didn't know about double-tap to lock! Why Windows Central never mentioned it?

Arman Dones

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys! Hope you can provide inputs here. I have 2 observations with my lumia 640 XL. These are:

1. Whenever I'm playing Prime World Defender under direct light, my phone heats up but still no lag happens.

2. My normal day consumes my battery. From 7AM to 12Midnight. All I do is text most of the time, take calls, play prime world or beach buggy, play music, browse internet, watch 1 movie or 1 series episode. My setting is normal although it switches to Power Saver whenever 20% and brightness is automatic except while watching movies/series I switch it to High. Given all the activities and settings, is 7AM to 12MD battery life acceptable? Its my 1st month using WP Phone.

Arman Dones

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that my view while using Lumia camera is different from the result particularly while using manual focus. And so I cannot see if I created Bohe correctly and need to take a picture to see my manual focus results

siobhon blenkiron

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I just bought my Lumia 640 XL. As I charge it for the first time, I tried turning it off but it did not, and instead it only restarted. Please provide feed back if this is caused by lack of update (my phone is up to date as per checking it on the settings and selecting the update option) or a defect so I can have it replace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy