[L925] Coffee spill - lock button won't work?

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Spilled coffee on my 925 yesterday morning. For a couple of hours, it seemed like it was pretty fried, but as it dried out, 99% of the functionality returned. Now the only thing that seems to not be working is the screen lock/power button on the side. Anybody successfully had this problem resolved, and if so, how?

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Had a great idea I thought. Brand new Microsoft store opened in Dallas this weekend. I'll just go up there (which I was happy to see jam-packed), where they have every Windows phone on display and see if they can recommend a repair place, since I figured the thought of them having actual repair people onsite would be too much to ask for. They looked at me like I had 3 horns growing out of my head. "You want a place to fix your phone? When ours break, they just give us new a new one." So I guess I'm in the market for a used phone. I can force my phone awake by holding the camera button, but I can't lock the screen. I just have to wait until it times out. That is not satisfactory.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't the 925 have double tap to wake?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that op mentioned it already.

Last edited:

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
If its only coffee without sugar , try this it's weird but works, put it on a rice 🍚 uncooked over night it help absorb moisture, other method turn it off and use spray cleaner for electric parts leave to dry and test or user both ways of not working need to be opened

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo