[L930] Release date for 8.1 Update 2?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just replaced my 1020 with a 930 yesterday and before testing the new Lumia camera app I upgraded to gdr2. Stupid mistake I know. It won't save photos. Classic and Windows camera still work.

Update 2 should not have any affect on your camera apps. Hard reset maybe? Update 2 didn't have any adverse affects on my 930, camera or otherwise.

b0nz1

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 for Lumia 930

I wouldn't say it is better, but it is definitely not worse! Probably equal, maybe very, very slightly better.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 for Lumia 930

GDR2 update was available only for couple of hours and was pulled back by MS for unknown reason. People who installed it during this period only got GDR2

Dude, you are totally wrong! Some firmeware versions just don't get the update. If you flash any 930 to a those who get the GDR2 through Windows Insider you can still do it.

MS never pulled this update back!

Exactly. I updated my L930 to GDR2 last Friday (3 days ago).

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had GDR2 installed on my 930 since the day I saw an article on Windows Central that is was available.

I find the new settings menu very useful and time-saving as you can click on the category banner to get the contracted view of the settings headers and from there you can very quickly find the exact settings you're looking for.

The search option is also worth having and it can be just as fast when looking for a particular setting.

Battery life is the same as with GDR1. In my case, I routinely get 24 hours of battery life.

b0nz1

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
You have to flash your device to another firmeware. This process does take a lot of preperation. Go to XDA developers, there are guides to do this. As someone who has done this to get the GDR2 update I think it's probably not worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers