Laggy keyboard

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else notice when typing fast the keyboard struggles to keep up in SMS, It does it really bad when u turn on key sounds. Anyone know if this will be fixed on mango or anything??

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i felt like the sounds made it feel laggy, once i turned them off, i seem to type much faster.

the one that annoyed me the most was when it would make a sound to pick a corrected word.

i don't know if it was actually any slower, or just felt slow because of the sounds though...

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this has been my biggest gripe with my Focus. I simply type too fast for the keyboard to keep up, and it ends up combining my words together. I've noticed that when I make an effort to ensure that I'm picking my thumbs up off the screen between every letter, it goes smoother. Sometimes my other thumb is hovering slightly over/right on top of the screen without me noticing it and it causes the keyboard to get stuck.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
And that's why I hate virtual keyboards. :D

And that's why I can't wait for this:

htc_prime.jpg

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... I just tested what you peeps was talking about and I didn't really notice a problem with the keyboard on my HD7... This keyboard is in my opinion the best virtual keyboard available... The only time I experience lag is when typing in a field while on the internet and the page is still loading but I believe that fix is coming with mango as is the rest of the OS lol :p

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
No problem with my Quantum. One reason I chose the Quantum was the incredible physical keyboard, but now I rarely use it because of the high quality of the virtual.

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo