Leave WP8.1 for Pureview?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Would you possibly think about leaving WP if other phone manufacturers put the pureview camera tech into them? One of my main reasons to stay with WP is the camera but if this tech became available on other phones it would be hard not to switch.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For me though, I'm here for Windows Phone itself, my 920's camera is just the icing on the cake keeping me from lower end models.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong guys I love WP as well and I'm on my 3rd WP the 925, I'm mainly getting sick and tired of the app quality of the big players Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter etc etc not giving more time on improving these sucky apps, but I think I would move if the pureview became available on other phones :-/

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong guys I love WP as well and I'm on my 3rd WP the 925, I'm mainly getting sick and tired of the app quality of the big players Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter etc etc not giving more time on improving these sucky apps, but I think I would move if the pureview became available on other phones :-/
Facebook is made by Microsoft, and we already know an update is coming. 6 snap is better than Snapchat, which is one thing that I like about the Windows community, we have unofficial apps that kick the official ones to the ground easily, even on other carriers. Apps are over thing though, the OS is another that, no matter the hardware, is solid and smooth, and that's what I like about it.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's true, its just the consistency of these apps being updated as quick as the other OS's would just be cool if things were done just that bit quicker I've been with WP a good 3-4yrs and the UI etc has been fixed and tweaked the apps not so much and it just continues on to be a slowly moving train just wish things would speed up a little lol

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Nokia guy. As long as they're alive and making phones, I'll follow them.... What? What do you mean they sold their phone line to Microsoft?! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Would you possibly think about leaving WP if other phone manufacturers put the pureview camera tech into them? One of my main reasons to stay with WP is the camera but if this tech became available on other phones it would be hard not to switch.

Good thread and a great question!
For me I wouldn't be enticed to move with the Pureview to another ecoplane.

The WP8 UI along with the fact I don't have any need for much in the way of social media makes the choice to stay easy.
If the camera is a major feature why not stick with the best I say.

GreatDharmatma

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

My first Windows Phone was a Samsung Omnia W which I purchased solely for the Metro UI and the super fast and fluid experience. The only reason I shifted to Nokia was their superior support for the platform. The camera was just the icing on the cake. And seeing as PureView is a proprietary Nokia Technology, its hard to see it come out on other devices and even if it does, WP ecosystem and the One Windows idea still has a lot to offer for me not to shift elsewhere. Windows for Life!

GreatDharmatma

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Nokia guy. As long as they're alive and making phones, I'll follow them.... What? What do you mean they sold their phone line to Microsoft?! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!

In which world do you live? The deal is in the works since September 2013 when Microsoft first announced to purchase the Handset making division of Nokia for US$7.17 billion. The deal recently closed on 25th April 2014.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't stay if there was pureview on Android. I like Nokia but can't say I'm much of a WP fan. I really just can't get used to the metro setup. Even WP central app on Android is easier and more functional to use than my 1020 :(

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Good thread and a great question!
For me I wouldn't be enticed to move with the Pureview to another ecoplane.

The WP8 UI along with the fact I don't have any need for much in the way of social media makes the choice to stay easy.
If the camera is a major feature why not stick with the best I say.

I've stuck with WP this long so far so I think I'll be around another while yet, I just like having something different and WP gives me that, like I've said before if I could ask one thing of WP it would be lets do things a little quicker :)

The pureview question was just to see if it would at least entice users away? Me it would be 50/50, although this is something that may never happen pureview being released elsewhere but only on Nokia/Microsoft made phones :)

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Within a year or two I would expect Android and/or ios to be where pureview technology is now. Can MS integrate Nokia quickly and get the next gen camera phone out the door this year? That's a tall order.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
In which world do you live? The deal is in the works since September 2013 when Microsoft first announced to purchase the Handset making division of Nokia for US$7.17 billion. The deal recently closed on 25th April 2014.
While I wont presume to speak for this Link Kadeshi guy, but I think he was joking. That or he's an *****. Maybe both? Probably handsome, though.
Me myself? I hope that Microsoft doesn't try to skimp on the hardware, but tries to keep a high standard and maybe a higher one.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't stay if there was pureview on Android. I like Nokia but can't say I'm much of a WP fan. I really just can't get used to the metro setup. Even WP central app on Android is easier and more functional to use than my 1020 :(

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Absolutely I love Android wp.central.app than Windows phone wp central app.:D:p:sly:

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I took a major hardware downgrade just to switch to WP for the OS. It wasn't until my 3rd WP that my phone finally caught up to my old iPhone's specs. I'm glad we get PureView devices, but I'd be here without that.

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I came to WP for the Camera. The camera on my 925 trounces my Nexus 5 and Moto X. I self identify as a android user but since 8.1 can go longer and longer before I switch back. If I could get the lumia camera I would probably stay android. Traveling with my WP is a bit harder as opposed to around town. I need Marriott, Hilton, and Southwest Airlines apps although I am flying American Airlines more lately and they have a WP app!

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure MS must have include some clause to keep Pureview to themselves for x amount of years. After all, one of the unique feature of Nokia phone line is the camera, u lose that u lose a lot, and look at Here maps, they are releasing to iOS and Android soon

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254