Introduce yourself!

Andrew Brehm

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello, everyone. My name is Andrew and I am a Windows Server and (until late last year) OpenVMS system administrator and low-scale Windows programmer. I live in Switzerland. I am a tech enthusiast and mostly prefer proven technologies. I like PowerShell. I _HATE_ notifications. Apart from computers I am interested in history, linguistics, railroads and French and Belgian comic books.

PC509

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
Been registered for a couple years. Keep forgetting this place is around! Some of the other forums I visit are getting pretty slow when it comes to users, so I'm here.

I'm an IT pro, run a Microsoft dedicated site, former MVP, and enjoy helping on other forums and Microsoft Answers. I'm here to have fun, help out where I can, and enjoy the discussions about Microsoft or just off topic fun.

li2327

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello!! I haven't hung out here in quite a while. I have been bouncing back, and forth from laptop to laptop trying to find one that's perfect for my simple, and personal use. Right now I'm on a Dell 13inch 2-N-1 7375. So far I think it will help me get what I need done. I do simple web browsing, social media, studies for church, and occasional word processing. No gaming, video or picture editing, or anything that a power user does. I had a Surface Pro (2017)) briefly but since I use it on my lap a lot it just wasn't comfortable enough for me. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

nirmalsingh1

May 3, 2019
Visit site
HI ALL. This is nirmal. Stumbled upon this site today while searching about windows mobile, the 2000s version of Android. Used to have Asus P320 with WM 6.1 - man those were the days.

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone. Casey here. Been using Windows since before Windows 95, I think it was DOS? Had an IBM PS/2 back in the early 90s. I lost count how many Windows tower computers and laptops I've had over the decades. I do recall having a Toshiba Tecra 700 Windows laptop that cost $6,000 some 15 years ago. Specs on that is considered laughable to today's standards, but it was high tech and expensive back then. My last couple computers were Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptops that were several years old and pathetically slow for booting up and shutting down. I would start a pot of coffee and come back to the Vaio computers for Windows to finally boot up...it was that slow! In the past few months, I finally broke down and got both a new Lenovo Thinkpad L380 laptop plus a MS Surface Go laptop too. I can't believe how fast an SSD drive is! Will never go back to an HDD! I'm now learning Windows 10, OneDrive, and even installed Microsoft Office 2019. So now I'm eager to get up to speed on all this new stuff that I had been missing out on for the past several years.

elytron

Sep 3, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone, I come here to learn more about Windows 10. If I ever need help with Windows will search first. Then post if I am unable to find some solution. I go by the user name elytron, Have a nice day

jareknyc

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
Hello, this is Jarek from New York, originally from Poland. I am interested in Programming and Operating Systems.

What prompted me to join this forum is a search for solution how to disable Automatic Updates on Windows 10 Home Edition. There are several articles available but they are apparently targeted at Windows Pro Editions since they require Group Policy Editor. Automatic Updates is perhaps the most annoying Windows feature to me. If left uncontrolled it will render your hardware uselessly slow in a couple of years. Fortunately, it turns out it is possible to install Group Policy Editor on Home Edition of Windows 10. There are also articles online how to do it. I wish someone could revisit this topic and update your solutions how to disable Automatic Updates specifically on the Home Edition. As a new user I am not able to make any edits, it appears.

kooknimana

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys & Girls,

I'm Gergely, computer scientist and hardware enthusiast from Budapest, Hungary

I find myself on the forum a lot via google, it seems there resides many answers to my questions here, so I thought I would join you :)

I hope I can make useful contributions.

Thanks

anon(10690240)

May 18, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone!
Jitesh here from INDIA.

I am a Windows Phone lover & struggling to move over to Android, but had to.
Otherwise I am thinking of learning some damn good coding about my LUMIA - like installing Windows 10 or Windows 10X maybe.
If none of that works, I might use it's parts in different projects. Telescope, Laser!!
Thank for passing by. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb