LinkedIn Contacts in People Hub?

tyaniz

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
LinkedIn Contacts in People Hub

I just upgraded from a Lumia 920 to a 950. I did a full restore from my backup. Facebook, Twitter and Skype contacts show up fine in the People Hub contacts - but unfortunately LinkedIn is no longer there. When I go to settings in the LinkedIn app and hit "Sync Contacts" - it takes me to the email and accounts setting on my 950, but there is no LinkedIn account to add.

This is all very perplexing as LinkedIn still shows as a connected app when I look at my Microsoft account online (people.live.com). Thoughts? I even fully disconnected it online, then deleted the app on my 950, then reconnected LinkedIn online, reinstalled the app - but to no avail.:cry:

thrmacho

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Same problem with my Lumia running latest version of TP. LinkedIn app is too old and most of the time it is not working.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 has moved towards being letting apps control syncing contacts rather than simply adding the accounts like you did in 8.1. I imagine syncing contacts using that LinkedIn app should work like the twitter or skype app. The problem is lies on the fact the LinkedIn app hadn't been updated in years, so it's effectively broken.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Another reason I won't get WP10 or the 950XL.

Been reporting it to MS and LinkedIn ever since MS got rid of the legacy people app. The one that actually had functions, features and a nice UI.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
LinkedIn integration still works. Go to Outlook.com, click the menu button on the top left corner, click People. If you see a button on the right side asking you to connect your LinkedIn account, then your LinkedIn account hasn't been connected. You can connect it there, and your LinkedIn contacts will show up in your People apps (web, Win10 PC + mobile).

sabu68

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Although LinkedIn contacts are synchronized in Outlook.com they don't show up in People Hub of Windows 10 Mobile! It seems the People Hub is not working in sync with Microsoft's own Outlook.com! Quite strange indeed.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That was my experience as well. Nothing would come to the phone.

I'm sticking with WP8.1. First time in my life I have decided to not be bleeding edge on technology. But WP8.1 just has a greater degree of functionality where it counts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro