List of Lumia 950 XL replacement parts and part numbers

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have started breaking things on my Lumia 950 XL I've been looking up replacement parts. Unless I overlooked it I don't think there's a thread on this yet, so here goes. If you know any other part numbers please share them here and I'll add them to the list.

Warning: for all of these please double check that they match your model (e.g. dual SIM vs single SIM). I'll try my best to have these correct, but I can't guarantee that these will work with your phone.

Parts list for 950XL

From the post on breaking your camera cover glass:
- Glass camera window: 9463192 - around $10
- Camera window adhesive patch: 9410778 - around $6
- Mid frame / back frame (the internal part that holds the camera cover): 00814F6 - around $50
Update: looks like the midframe is different for single sim and dual sim.

From the post on breaking your screen / digitizer:
- screen assembly for 950XL: 00813X2 - around $230
At this price the better deal in the USA is to have it repaired by Palco ($210), see post 4 below.

- Black OEM battery cover: 00813X3 - around $35
- White OEM battery cover: 00813X4 - around $35
- Battery: BV-T4D - around $40

Instruction videos:

Teardown video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jt-bWC3ZiA

Screen replacement, disassembly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rEUwicwx8E

Screen replacement, reassembly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScH5sgE-WII

Last edited:

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I had my screen replaced from Palco for I think under 210. Granted i was without my phone for about a week, but better to let someone else do it if you don't want to break it further.

Roman Royter

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The smaller 950 seems to have just the front glass replacement available on ebay for about 10 bucks. Do you guys know if the same can be found for the 950xl, or does the 950xl has a completely different assembly?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The smaller 950 seems to have just the front glass replacement available on ebay for about 10 bucks. Do you guys know if the same can be found for the 950xl, or does the 950xl has a completely different assembly?
I haven't seen that. Can you link to the 950 version?

Izaiah Naash

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi @Joe920 the link is really helpful. parts replacement is too much difficult. if you replace you may get genuine part or some time it may be in defect. But i am also ordering LCD for my phone from "cellparts (dot) cn". lets see when it will come to me.

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Just thought I'd point out that the back panel of the phone is different depending on whether you have a single sim or dual sim phone. I didn't realize that and got the back panel for the single sim since I had broken camera glass and it was cheaper than buying just the glass (only $11). However, it didn't fit. I was able to get the glass to come off the new panel by applying heat for about 5-10min with a hair dryer and applying pressure to the back of the glass. Luckily the glass came off with the adhesive completely intact so I was able to transfer the glass to my old back panel.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd point out that the back panel of the phone is different depending on whether you have a single sim or dual sim phone. I didn't realize that and got the back panel for the single sim since I had broken camera glass and it was cheaper than buying just the glass (only $11). However, it didn't fit.
Good to know, thanks for posting! Glad you made it work in the end. What was the part number that you got?

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you try making a cut out on your own for the second sim slot or are there other fitment issues too? I'm debating buying the 11$ one and cutting it out vs spending $50 on an exact fitment. Considering its hidden under the back cover, I don't really care how it looks.

EDIT: Another thought, if all you need to replace is the camera window, it is currently cheaper to buy the single sim middle frame and swapping over the camera window from that to the dual sim version.

Last edited:

KickAssLumia

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I did what shawnmos did. However, be careful with the mid-frame as it cracks too easily when applying pressure. You may have to apply heat a couple of times and push out the glass slowly...be patient. I cracked the new frame which I wasn't going to use anyway, but I managed to get it out of my oem one unscathed. However, the one on the midframe came out without the sticker while the original glass came out with the sticker. It was easier to remove the double sided sticker layer from the new frame than it was from the original glass. Hope it holds up. Time to invest in one of those camera glass protectors I guess.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I did what shawnmos did. However, be careful with the mid-frame as it cracks too easily when applying pressure.
Glad it worked out! I still haven't replaced my cracked camera window. It doesn't affect the pictures, so I think I'll do it when the time comes to sell. That way I can't break it a second time. :)

Brisebear

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Can I say how disappointed I am in the poor quality of the back panel for the 950XL? My back panel began to crack from the corner of the array of small holes near the camera lens. The phone hadn't been dropped, nor had the back cover been taken off repeatably. It was simply poorly moulded (I work in the plastics industry and ascertained that the residual stresses during the moulding process caused the cracking to appear. The problem is now that the company that I purchased the phone from are requesting me to send the phone back for them to make the assessment as to whether the crack was through poor moulding or a lack of care on my behalf. Has anyone else had cracking on their phones in areas that they wouldn't have expected it?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can I say how disappointed I am in the poor quality of the back panel for the 950XL? My back panel began to crack from the corner of the array of small holes near the camera lens.
I haven't seen this, and I don't recall reading about anyone having anything like this. And I read a lot.. :) Looks like you have an unusual case. Did you buy the phone 'new in box', or was it used/refurbished?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss