Live long Nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I want the Nokia brand to be used but for selfish reasons :D

I don't want to "lose" my debates on my iOS-fan friends, because they use this as an evidence that Nokia "died" because of Apple.
Nokia died because Apple is very very innovative.

They were also happy with the PC dying because of the iPads etc. lol.

am a loser if Nokia as a brand will not be used.

/sarcasm

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you all (almost all) are silly. I won't buy gym shoes because it has a giant check mark on it, or because of some stupid name like Nike, Reebok or Sketchers. I try them on, walk around the store, I look at price and quality of build. So if the phone says MS Lumia 1520, it doesn't bother me a bit. It can say Apple Lumia 1520 for all I care. I love this phone and OS no matter who's name is imprinted on it. I don't buy the latest fad phones anymore, they all turned into disappointments (Except the HTC One). So enjoy your need for a name brand, it will get you no where but poorer... And this is from someone who has spend over $1,000 (To be honest, reselling the phones saved almost all of what I paid on them) on phones in the last year, trying different ones out and finding it just didn't live up to it's hype. I bought the 1520 not because of the hype (there really was none) but because I did a little research and trying it out in the store. I am convinced that I did not make a mistake this time.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I think you all (almost all) are silly. I won't buy gym shoes because it has a giant check mark on it, or because of some stupid name like Nike, Reebok or Sketchers. I try them on, walk around the store, I look at price and quality of build. So if the phone says MS Lumia 1520, it doesn't bother me a bit. It can say Apple Lumia 1520 for all I care. I love this phone and OS no matter who's name is imprinted on it. I don't buy the latest fad phones anymore, they all turned into disappointments (Except the HTC One). So enjoy your need for a name brand, it will get you no where but poorer... And this is from someone who has spend over $1,000 (To be honest, reselling the phones saved almost all of what I paid on them) on phones in the last year, trying different ones out and finding it just didn't live up to it's hype. I bought the 1520 not because of the hype (there really was none) but because I did a little research and trying it out in the store. I am convinced that I did not make a mistake this time.

I agree. All this talk about loyalty confuses me very much.

Guys, be loyal to your family, to your friends, to the company you are working for. But there's really no reason at all to be loyal to a brand. It just makes no sense, it will only make you paying more for less. Buy what fits you best for the best price.

And you might have guessed, I really don't care a bit what the future phones will be called, as long as the same quality is provided.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You are not clear on your own point you are just blaaa blaaa blaaa against Nokia... That's not good... Go get an idea man... Really...

My point is clear, the Nokia brand is broken and Microsoft can't fix it. WP needs a new brand that creates excitement. People don't buy technology motivated by nostalgia.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My point is clear, the Nokia brand is broken and Microsoft can't fix it. WP needs a new brand that creates excitement. People don't buy technology motivated by nostalgia.

Yet you still wont say what you think is the best phone..enjoy sport.

I'm done feeding this troll.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
As some others have said I don't buy a particular product because I am loyal to a faceless corporation or a logo. I buy a product because it has the features that I want, it has good quality, the company has good customer service, the company has good morals etc. If the next Lumia phones are good quality then I don't really care which name is on the phone.

Salamy

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Nokia, I can't imagine mobile world without Nokia

already I lost interest in WP 8.1 when I read that Nokia name will not be used as a smartphones logo anymore.

Nokia forever.............................................................

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

already I lost interest in WP 8.1 when I read that Nokia name will not be used as a smartphones logo anymore.

Either you read false information or you just want to be a troll. Because the truth is that Microsoft will use the Nokia name for possibly the next 10 years. And if that's all it takes for you to lose interest in a great product, then you're just being ridiculous.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Dude, it's the same people making the same awesome devices, but under a new umbrella so that they can talk to Microsoft faster and easier so newer phones can come out sooner rather than later. I don't so this being an issue.

Perfect example is both the 520 and 1020, they both would have been released sooner if this deal had been finalized last year, but they weren't.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Either you read false information or you just want to be a troll. Because the truth is that Microsoft will use the Nokia name for possibly the next 10 years. And if that's all it takes for you to lose interest in a great product, then you're just being ridiculous.

How could you say such a thing when Nokia tweeted that Nokia logo will be seen for some time not much longer and if it's ten year then it's awesome

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that's right... Can't ever imagine the mobile market without the name of legendary products from Nokia

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I want the Nokia brand to be used but for selfish reasons :D

I don't want to "lose" my debates on my iOS-fan friends, because they use this as an evidence that Nokia "died" because of Apple.
Nokia died because Apple is very very innovative.

They were also happy with the PC dying because of the iPads etc. lol.

am a loser if Nokia as a brand will not be used.

/sarcasm

Well that's a same reason for me to resist on Nokia cause it irritates me when they say Nokia is dead it's a topic of history man... Is not a topic in history it's the name which made history of mobile phone market

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

If that's the way you think am sure you and Microsoft both are awesomely silly people

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
How could you say such a thing when Nokia tweeted that Nokia logo will be seen for some time not much longer and if it's ten year then it's awesome

Trying to translate your message, it was kind of a run-on. But it has been reported that MS has the rights for 10 years. But they also have the right to just use something else. I'd like to see them use Nokia for a while and also start another brand now. That way the day they quit using nokia, people will be use to the new brand being around.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Trying to translate your message, it was kind of a run-on. But it has been reported that MS has the rights for 10 years. But they also have the right to just use something else. I'd like to see them use Nokia for a while and also start another brand now. That way the day they quit using nokia, people will be use to the new brand being around.

I really didn't get you anyway i hope that we may see Nokia for some long time

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
The first Computer OS I had ever worked with is indeed owned by Microsoft, that means Microsoft has technology that taught me ABC of Computers.
The first Mobile I had ever owned was indeed from Nokia. That means Nokia has taught me ABC of Mobiles.

Microsoft and Nokia are great grandfathers of todays technologies. I trust their products.

Now coming to the acquisition, It would have been great if MS did not rename/rebrand Nokia mobiles as Microsoft Mobiles.
It was not Microsoft who worked hard to gain trust of Indian people when it comes to Mobile world. It was Nokia indeed!!
Microsoft should have respect people's emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadtorose