Living Images are back..!

Silver Wind

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The Living Images feature from Lumia Camera made its way to Windows Camera a couple dozen builds ago, but for some reason was disabled on the Lumia 730/735. I remember reading that this was due to a difference in how Living Images were handled by L730/735 and the other devices (that could use the feature on Windows Camera).

This evening, I noticed that all too familiar liveliness when browsing through some snaps from a few days back, and did a few tests to find that it has indeed been enabled (I'm guessing with build 10586.71, which I'm on).

The benefit of this version of Living Images is that the clip is saved within the JPG file itself, and can be shared with other people with it intact.

I uploaded two living images to onedrive as proof.
Download these photos to your Windows 10 Device, and open them in the Photos app.

Cheers!

anon(9812982)

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
yep, the option in the camera settings is back, the camera saves extra live image files, but they do not work at all :\

EDIT: just to be clear, the downloaded pics work as live images, but my own pictures do not play the animations even if the option is enabled in the camera app. I'm running 10586.71, last firmware (factory sim unlocked)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria