Locked out/Password keypad change=RESET

ChristineA

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my Intrepid the first day it was available. Everything about the phone is great - except one MAJOR problem. I must use a basic password, and frequently the keypad reverts from the 6.5 transparent number pad to the 6.0 blue and white number pad and does not register keypad pressure beyond making a beep with each press. You can't turn the phone off or select any other function. The only option is to hard reset the phone - losing all customization - bluetooth relationships, exchange partnerships...big hassle!

I reported this to Sprint after it happened three times in the first month and they replaced the phone. I've had my new phone two months and just had the third occurence - and third hard reset.

I'm getting really tired of hard resetting the phone. I've checked for the latest firmware, phone software, etc. and I've got the latest. Now that I've had two Intrepid phones, I find it hard to believe it was a fluke. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd hate to move to another model, but I can't constantly reset my phone.

no_suggestion

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue... occasionally the unlock screen reverts to the blue keypad on white background. Device does not recognize any key press or screen touch other than unlock. Reset or removal of the battery causes device to hard-reset. The security policy requiring the simple PIN is pushed down by our mail server. I can defeat this w/ a registry hack, but I would prefer to have a pin in place. But like you said, rebuilding your phone on a weekly basis is a hassle. Sprint has offered to replace the device, but a coworker w/ the same phone has the same issue, so I do not suspect this is a defect issue...

kevstrat

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm running into the same problem with my Samsung Intrepid. The phone is running Windows Mobile 6.5. The OS is CE OS 5.2.21743 (Build 21743.5.0.26). I'm running my email through Exchange Server and Exchange pushes the password policy to my device. Another co-worker of mine has the same phone and he has the reset problem too. Has anyone found any solutions to this?

I contacted Sprint and they are sending me a new device since this is not a known issue. I hope this will solve the problem, but from your experiences, I am doubtful. I'll keep you updated if the new device solves it for me.

Last edited:

kevstrat

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I just received a new Samsung Intrepid from Sprint and the resetting problem happened again. It seems like some sort of problem with the software on the phone. Unfortunately, not enough people have reported this yet so it's an unknown issue to Sprint. I'm going to consider switching to a different model since it's unacceptable to have to hard reset a phone once week to use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler