LOL Youtube..

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So apparently the Youtube app bases it's video quality not on available bandwidth.. but on whether or not you have WIFI enabled and connected or not.

I have a DroidX and a Surround next to me.. doing BW tests I see my Surround getting like 2-3x speed as the DroidX.. (this is because my office has AT&T micro cells that give us perfect 3G on the entire floor, thanks AT&T!)

play a youtube video, and it sucks badly.. small screen, blocky, pixelated, horrible quality.

Turn on my DX 3G hotspot, connect my Surround to it, play the same video, and mysteriously it plays in HD, full quality, even though my DX has less bandwidth available.

Can anyone say, lame?

sanka07

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
not even going to call it an app, its a disgrace. extremely lazy of M$ in my opinion, why even bother pre installing that on a device?? all it does is save the time it takes to type in the web address.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I beleave it will get better, here is one thing to think of
YouTube is based on Flash, WP7 does not support Flash while the DroidX does
in fact have flash on the system ? I'm hoping that adobe is still working on Flash for WP7 eventhough they seem to work directly with Google and eveyone else basicly has to wait I think that is one reason Apple has given adobe the cold sholder and if they dont get flash on WP7 soon Microsoft should as well do the same ...with adobe

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why the YouTube app for WP7 is just a mobile version of the website. If it is able to play the .flv files that are streamed off the giant social site, surely they would integrate the app and wrap it in Metro UI?

Melk

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, try out the other YouTube app. It does use the "YouTube" app but for the menus, it uses the metro theme and all. It's called "YouTube by LazyWorm".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler