"looking for you" cant find me...

htmiata

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I had it set up so the camera would look for me, see me and let the computer boot up the rest of the way granting me access without having to enter a password.

It doesnt work now....the camera seems to work as it lights up, but the camera doesnt find me...not sure how to reset my photo so this log on feature works again.....anyone?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If you open settings, go to Accounts, and then go to Sign-in options, you'll find a section called "Face Recognition". If you select "Improve recognition", it'll let you take more pictures. Try taking pictures in various lighting, glasses on/off, etc.

htmiata

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I should have been more clear...sorry about that.

I had previously set this up and it worked fine...then one day it quit. I have done some trouble shooting in Device Manager, Imaging Devices and the only thing there is an Epson printer that I had installed. Perhaps that is the culprit?

If so, how do I get the camera back? According to what I found I tried to Scan for plug and play devices and nothing showed up there....

The computer can access the camera because the red light at the top lights up...but I cant find the camera in device manager.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I should have been more clear...sorry about that.

I had previously set this up and it worked fine...then one day it quit. I have done some trouble shooting in Device Manager, Imaging Devices and the only thing there is an Epson printer that I had installed. Perhaps that is the culprit?

If so, how do I get the camera back? According to what I found I tried to Scan for plug and play devices and nothing showed up there....

The computer can access the camera because the red light at the top lights up...but I cant find the camera in device manager.

If you try to improve recognition, does it give you an error? it should at one point show you what the camera is seeing. if you can see yourself, then the camera is working fine.

htmiata

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
got it fixed...called Microsoft support since the device has a 12 month warranty and they had me access some software that analyzed the Studio, repaired whatever wasnt working....and I am good now. I wanted to go back and write that software name down....cant remember it and cant figure out what I accessed......duh!

Oh well, it is fixed anyways!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett